By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who needs to have the biggest E3? NiNTeNDo. MiCRoSoFT. oR SoNY?

With E3 less a week away... the question needs to be asked who needs to have the biggest E3? E3 has shrunken down in size yes thats true but that doesnt mean that.. the gaming news is gonna stop...

• Who's gonna have the biggest announcements..
  • Whos gonna have the most shocking news ?
  • Whos gonna showcase what their console can do the most?
  • Whos gonna announce the most exclusives??
  • Whos gonna reign supreme at E3...
  • Who's gonna win E3 this year..
  • Whos the most underrated
  • Whos the most overrated?
  • Who Who and Who???

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

Microsoft needs to have the biggest E3... and heres my reasoning... they are the top dog right now... but the Wii is right on their heels in terms of sales.. they need to do something to keep people interested in their console if they do not.. they risk not only falling to 2nd place but all the way to last..... Its one thing being on top... but you have to stay on top too... Microsoft has underestimated the NIntendo Wii more than Sony.. now they need to do something to make up for that...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Nintendo has been on fire all year long with everything that they do. They have already announced that they would have a major hardware announcement at the coming E3.

Sony desperately needs a great E3 and because of that, I think we are gonna see an ass load of exclusive titles which Sony has invested in making. I seriously doubt Sony will announce any kind of a price cut on their system right until it happens. It would sabotage the high priced consoles for them.

Microsoft has been spending hand over foot securing exclusive content for their system and trying to gain marketshare. They really want to keep their console business alive so they are pulling out all the stops. With everyone spelling out doom for the system even though it has the most market share and the largest catologue of games they also have something to prove.

Basically it could be anyone.

Personally

Microsoft is the most under rated - With everyone spelling out doom for the system even though it has the most market share and the largest catologue of games they also have something to prove.

Sony over rated - They are losing third parties all over the place. All of their contend coming up is gonna be first or second party content with the occasional bone tossed to them.

Nintendo will have the most shocking news and the biggest announcements. Everyone has already said that all Microsofts efforts will be in talking about Halo 3. Sony could come out with something, they have been pumping out weird features into their systems for ages now.

Ultimately Nintendo will do the best this year. They have Reggie after all. It's like having Chuck Norris on your team, you just win instantly with him.

* Who's gonna have the biggest announcements.. - Sony easily could.
* Whos gonna have the most shocking news ? - MS announces 360 recall
* Whos gonna showcase what their console can do the most? Sony
* Whos gonna announce the most exclusives?? the 3rd partys
* Whos gonna reign supreme at E3... - Kojima/MGS4
* Who's gonna win E3 this year.. - win what
* Whos the most underrated - nobody
* Whos the most overrated? - Halo
* Who Who and Who??? the - owl ?

I agree with URNotE, microsoft needs to keep getting people interested with the 360

Around the Network

Easiest answer ever: Sony needs the biggest E3 because they are in last place right now and they have the most to gain.

Nintendo doesn't need as big an E3 as the other two do.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Sony needs the biggest E3 although they won't get it ...

Between the success of the DS and the Wii every third party publisher in the world is going to be showing of their titles for Nintendo platforms and trying to cash in on the success. I expect that (besides titles we already know about) the PS3 and XBox 360 are going to have very small announcements and very few new games shown off.

All Sony needs to do is make some amazing looking FMV's, and people will go crazy.

I agree with the people that said Sony needs to have the strongest showing at E3. They're in last place both sales wise and installed base and going into Christmas they're the only company that doesn't have an obvious multi-million seller exclusive like the competition does (I'm assuming MGS4 will be delayed).

Cursayer2 said:
All Sony needs to do is make some amazing looking FMV's, and people will go crazy.

Sony already got roasted for doing that so I doubt they'd attempt to try is again.  At least not until Playstation 4 (when a lot of people would have forgotten about them doing it with the PS3) anyways.