By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Group in Final Fantasy XI takes 18 hours to kill enemy (they never do!)

Gobias said:
Gilgamesh said:
Gobias said:
Gilgamesh said:

For a noob like me could someone explain who pandemonium is and why they fought him for such a long time and failed to beat him

A top tier ZNM (Zeni Notorious Monster) that is supposed to have amazing loot, they fought him for such a long time because they're a very dedicated linkshell and I guess they didnt want to lose all the xp for nothing. They failed to beat him because he is impossibly hard.

oh I kinda understand now...what the hecks a Zeni Notorious Monster

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Notorious_Monster

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Zeni_Notorious_Monsters

A summary of Notorious Monsters;

"Notorious Monsters, or Named Monsters, are enemies that check as Impossible to Gauge and can drop a variety of useful items, or are quest-specific monsters.

Some Notorious Monsters have True Sight or True Sound ability. Usually this applies to the highest tier beastmen in most beastmen families (these beastmen will have normal names and normal pops), but it can also apply to Boss Mobs in outdoor zones (almost all outdoor zones have them) and HNM."

Basically a ZNM is a notorious monster that is popped by trading items to ???'s around Vana'diel.

ohhh ok I think I get it now, thanks for the info

Around the Network

So.......who wants to get into FFXI on weekends?

I wonder if there are PS2 owners still playing this and is this compatable with the PS3?

Krusnik said:
I wonder if there are PS2 owners still playing this and is this compatable with the PS3?

It's compatible with the PS3 because I use my PS3 to play it, its graphics have actually stood the test of time pretty well, it's still a good looking game (on the PS3/360 or with a good graphics card) by todays standards considering when it was released.

I think about 30-40% of the current users are on the PS2/PS3, and something like 5-10% on the 360, the rest on PC.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Should bookmark this for the next time someone points out GTA4 is ultra hardcore

Around the Network
twesterm said:

As grueling as that sounds, FFXI is probably the best MMO out there. Not everything is an 18 hour boss fight (I believe there are only two like that and neither at all necessary).

I think people hate it because it's so unforgiving: if one person fucks up you're entire party or alliance is screwed. That's why it's awesome, it's not the kiddy easy crap like WoW where I can make it to level 60 in a week.

-edit-

Holy shit!  I just noticed that thing uses Astral Flow and it has like 20 avatars.  That's insane considering just one of those can kill a group.

Nidhogg and Vrtra say hi too. Look what Nidhogg did. Got this from Allakhazam:

Nidhogg: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=1561

Vrtra: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=3086

Heh, none of you know how fucking hard the monsters are on FFXI. They eat the monsters from the other online games as a snack. It takes a lot of skill to pull off finishing combos with weapon attacks and magic spells on monsters. Plus the AI on the game is totally insane when it wants to. One area I fought in was God-awful. Not Valkurm Dunes or Qufim Island, but Yuhtunga Jungle. Near the entrance towards Kazham with the massive fences, there are Goblin Smithies. The one fence blockade, near a dip in the ground where you can fight near the entrance to Kazham, is VERY tricky!! There are a few spacings, VERY TINY, between the fence blockade, and the Goblins can see players behind the blockade! That's how insane the AI is on the game.

hopefully they try again, them seem to have been quite close from what it seems.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

twesterm said:
Gobias said:
ssj12 said:
Gobias said:
Onyxmeth said:
Gobias said:
Onyxmeth said:

I'm having a hard time seperating who's joking and who's serious in this thread.

Well, no one (at least known) has defeated pandemonium yet, so that should tell you something.

What is that stuff tracked?

No, but if it were to happen it would instantly be all over the ffxi community (all it would take is to check someone and see them with an unfimiliar title to find out if they defeated it), and this linkshell is considered one of the best (if not the best) accross every server so if they can't even get close to defeating it, it's unlikely that anyone else will. That is, until they find a way to cheat it.

as a former GM I know exactly how to beat it. When I quit though me and everyone else didnt have the correct gear.

Any clue of anyone but me and a few others had over half the myth armors/weapons?

LOL

Ok buddy, if you know how to kill it then go make a thread on Bluegartr and tell everyone how to do it. I'm sure it will go over well.

If you were a GM what kind of armor is standard issue? What is the name of the jail in the game? What color is your name in the game? Whats the easiest way to kite King Behemoth?

Hmmm?

Why would a GM kite King Behemoth?  They have eterna-blink

Wow, ima have to call bullshit on the GM claim as well. While gear is important in ffxi, skill>gear anyday. There isnt much, if anything in ffxi that requires you to have all elite gear as long as you have highly skilled players. And how long ago exactly were you a GM? Cause well.....this mob has only been in game a few months. Zeni NM's were added in the last patch. Also last i checked GM's were nothing more than CS reps in game, and anyone who plays ffxi can attest to that. Gm's dont test the game, the development team does. Oh unless you were on the development team as well.....

SaviorX said:
I would never waste that much of my life on one boss. After 2 1/2 hours, I would've quit, and said "screw it".

BTW, are there any good FREE MMOs to play? The last one I played was GunZ. DragonFable got boring.

Rose online recently went F2P. I played to play for 1 1/2 years, and it was really fun. I highly recomend it.

hmmm... I don't know what to say...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...