By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Group in Final Fantasy XI takes 18 hours to kill enemy (they never do!)

Pff noobs, I did it with my group in 15 hours!

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Pff noobs, I did it with my group in 15 hours!

Yeah, 15 hours is around the standard for brining down Pandemonium Warden. Their group must suck! My group managed to topple the mob in only 14 1/2 hours once!

Pfft noobs, I did it with my group in 14 hours and 29 minutes.

noobs, falcon punch would've done it in 1 second

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

As grueling as that sounds, FFXI is probably the best MMO out there. Not everything is an 18 hour boss fight (I believe there are only two like that and neither at all necessary).

I think people hate it because it's so unforgiving: if one person fucks up you're entire party or alliance is screwed. That's why it's awesome, it's not the kiddy easy crap like WoW where I can make it to level 60 in a week.

-edit-

Holy shit!  I just noticed that thing uses Astral Flow and it has like 20 avatars.  That's insane considering just one of those can kill a group.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
As grueling as that sounds, FFXI is probably the best MMO out there.

Wow.  You just slammed every other MMO on the market... really freaking hard.

Oh em gee.

Who has 15 hours to dedicate to anything at one time.

MMOs are incredibly fun!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

So much time was wasted for nothing what a shame...

Former something....

famousringo said:
MMOs are incredibly fun!

MMOs are like birth control for nerds.