By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So many Sequels? Does anyone esle not want new games

senortaco said:

Since I'm a new guy to the forums, I'll gather a list of the new IP's on all 3 consoles to post using wikipedia.

(edit) I'll only add US, and try and avoid general shovelware.

I knew there was a reason I liked tacos.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Roma said:
Onyxmeth said:
bouzane said:
Roma said:
bouzane said:
Personally, I think the video game industry is stagnating due to the vast majority of publishers insistence of producing an endless barrage of sequels. I wish creativity and originality would become common-place once again.

Ahem… did you hear about something called the Wii… DS then?

Out of the top 10 Wii games on Gamerankings there are 6 sequels and 2 ports, that's exactly what I was complaining about. The DS isn't much better but I will be buying one for the fine adventure games. Overall this console generation is still pretty weak in terms of new IPs.

You're right. I don't know how anyone got the impression that the Wii was swimming in original titles.

Well talking about how you play games the Wii has the most original way of the three. Mario galaxy is old but the concept is new and refreshing. Not like anything I have ever played before. Have you tried it?  the same thing can be said about other games including the DS. but mario is the most

Nice way to save face, but that has nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. He said sequels. Mario Galaxy is a sequel. It doesn't matter how you play it, it's still a sequel. So are most of the other well reviewed and most beloved Wii games. Also Mario Galaxy barely use the Wii remote and is probably not the best shining example to use there. The main actions of running and jumping are still mapped to a button and analog stick and most of what makes the game fresh are the gravity laws and how they affect Mario and the surroundings, which have nothing to do with the remote.

Sure you got me there.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Onyxmeth said:
Roma said:
Onyxmeth said:
bouzane said:
Roma said:
bouzane said:
Personally, I think the video game industry is stagnating due to the vast majority of publishers insistence of producing an endless barrage of sequels. I wish creativity and originality would become common-place once again.

Ahem… did you hear about something called the Wii… DS then?

Out of the top 10 Wii games on Gamerankings there are 6 sequels and 2 ports, that's exactly what I was complaining about. The DS isn't much better but I will be buying one for the fine adventure games. Overall this console generation is still pretty weak in terms of new IPs.

You're right. I don't know how anyone got the impression that the Wii was swimming in original titles.

Well talking about how you play games the Wii has the most original way of the three. Mario galaxy is old but the concept is new and refreshing. Not like anything I have ever played before. Have you tried it?  the same thing can be said about other games including the DS. but mario is the most

Nice way to save face, but that has nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. He said sequels. Mario Galaxy is a sequel. It doesn't matter how you play it, it's still a sequel. So are most of the other well reviewed and most beloved Wii games. Also Mario Galaxy barely use the Wii remote and is probably not the best shining example to use there. The main actions of running and jumping are still mapped to a button and analog stick and most of what makes the game fresh are the gravity laws and how they affect Mario and the surroundings, which have nothing to do with the remote.

Sure you got me there.

Dont get me wrong mario galaxy is a fantastic game but it is a sequel, though that game has re invented itself a few times in its long history.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I want new games, a new Mario and Pokemon I mean.

The list belong does not include multiplats(excludes handhelds), and Downloadable games. All games have* at LEAST a tentative date.

Wii:

1.) Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy
2.) Boom Blox
3.) Carnival Games
4.) The Conduit
5.) Cursed Mountain
6.) Deadly Creatures
7.) De Blob
8.) Defendin' de Penguin
9.) Elebits
10.) Little King's Story
11.) MadWorld
12.) Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
13.) Monster Lab
14.) Mushroom Men
15.) No More Heroes
16.) Order Up! (Has an acceptable rating on Metacritic)
17.) Red Steel
18.) Rune Factory Frontier
19.) Skate It
20.) Spore
21.) Spyborgs
22.) We Love Golf! (Has an acceptable rating on Metacritic)
23.) Wii Fit
24.) Wii Music
25.) Wii Play
26.) Wii Sports
27.) Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_games

PS3:

1.) Big Time Revenge
2.) Haze
3.) Heavenly Sword
4.) Heavy Rain
5.) inFamous
6.) L.A. Noire
7.) Lair
8.) LittleBigPlanet
9.) MAG: Massive Action Game
10.) Resistance: Fall of Man MotorStorm
11.) SingStar
12.) Siren: Blood Curse
13.) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
14.) WarDevil: Unleash the Beast Within
15.) Warhawk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Xbox 360:

1.) America's Army: True Soldiers
2.) Beautiful Katamari
3.) Blue Dragon
4.) Bullet Witch
5.) Chromehounds
6.) Crackdown
7.) Demons of Mercy
8.) Earth Defense Force 2017
9.) Full Auto
10.) Lips
11.) Lost Odyssey
12.) Mobile Ops: The One Year War
13.) Ninety-Nine Nights
14.) The Outfit
15.) Project Sylpheed
16.) Rumble Roses XX
17.) Tales of Vesperia
18.) Too Human
19.) You're in the Movies
20.) Zoids Assault

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

*Sorry I'm a grammer nazi with my own writing, lol...

**Count corrected.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

Looking at the list of software upcoming for all 3 consoles, I can understand now why alot of people feel the console wars is between Sony, and Microsoft. They share ALOT of software together, it was hard to find original exclusives between the two.

*sidenote* It kinda gave me a visual of what Malstrom spoke of in one of his blogs.

senortaco said:

The list belong does not include multiplats(excludes handhelds), and Downloadable games. All games have* at LEAST a tentative date.

Wii:

1.) Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy
2.) Boom Blox
3.) Carnival Games
4.) Castlevania Judgment(?)
5.) The Conduit
6.) Cursed Mountain
7.) Deadly Creatures
10.) De Blob
11.) Defendin' de Penguin
12.) Elebits
13.) Little King's Story
14.) MadWorld
15.) Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
16.) Monster Lab
17.) Mushroom Men
18.) No More Heroes
19.) Order Up! (Has an acceptable rating on Metacritic)
20.) Red Steel
21.) Rune Factory Frontier
22.) Skate It
23.) Spore
24.) Spyborgs
25.) Star Wars: The Clone Wars
26.) We Love Golf! (Has an acceptable rating on Metacritic)
27.) Wii Fit
28.) Wii Music
29.) Wii Play
30.) Wii Sports
31.) Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_games

PS3:

1.) Big Time Revenge
2.) Haze
3.) Heavenly Sword
4.) Heavy Rain
5.) inFamous
6.) L.A. Noire
7.) Lair
8.) LittleBigPlanet
9.) MAG: Massive Action Game
10.) Resistance: Fall of Man MotorStorm
11.) SingStar
12.) Siren: Blood Curse
13.) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
14.) WarDevil: Unleash the Beast Within
15.) Warhawk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Xbox 360:

1.) America's Army: True Soldiers
2.) Beautiful Katamari
3.) Blue Dragon
4.) Bullet Witch
5.) Chromehounds
6.) Crackdown
7.) Demons of Mercy
8.) Earth Defense Force 2017
9.) Full Auto
10.) Kameo: Elements of Power
11.) Lips
12.) Lost Odyssey
13.) Mobile Ops: The One Year War
14.) Ninety-Nine Nights
15.) The Outfit
16.) Project Sylpheed
17.) Rumble Roses XX
18.) Tales of Vesperia
19.) Too Human
20.) You're in the Movies
21.) Zoids Assault

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

*Sorry I'm a grammer nazi with my own writing, lol...

And this proves why so many people recommend the Wii thanks fore list man :)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I like a few sequels now and again, like Halo 3, Fable 2, and Gears 2 (hoping they let it die after 3 so it doesn't become stale), but I personally am all about new IP. That's why I didn't hesitate to snap up Dead Rising, Bioshock, and Mass Effect. When it eventually comes out Alan Wake will be a 1st day purchase for me.

edit: @senortaco  I don't really think a Castlevannia game or a Star Wars game should be in the list for new IP's on the Wii, nor Beautiful Katamari on the 360.

senortaco said:
Looking at the list of software upcoming for all 3 consoles, I can understand now why alot of people feel the console wars is between Sony, and Microsoft. They share ALOT of software together, it was hard to find original exclusives between the two.

*sidenote* It kinda gave me a visual of what Malstrom spoke of in one of his blogs.

The problem is with this generation of consoles is it cost so much money to create a game that no 3rd party publisher is willing to go exclusive without a boat load of money.  It makes more sense for MS or SOny to just buy the whiole comapny.  Its going to come down to first party publishing.  And Nintendo has the strongest followed by sony with MS bringing up the rear.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I'll take those out. I wasn't sure about them cause they are estabish IP's but going in a different direction. Consider them removed. Thanks.