By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quantic Dream announce development of An Exclusive PS3 game Heavy Rain????

The only things I found bad about the old Heavy Rain teaser was that the girls voice didn't seem to match well with her in-game character, or maybe that was just me. Also, the lip-sync technology they used was kind of weird in that it didn't match the girl's voice and looked kind of weird.

Actually, now that we mention the game, I remember reading an IGN interview about Heavy Rain after that year's E3. The developers even noted that the lip-syncing was weird.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/711/711613p1.html

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Dallinor said:

That's a protoype tech demo. Made after only two months since work on the title began. It's running on a non-final Playstation 3 development kit.

Quantic Dream (the devs) highlighted that: "It's just a sample of the things achievable in a limited amount of time".

And that during the development of the prototype they were still: "Only in the middle of research and development efforts".

Basically stop trying to hate on it, that video is probably as far from the final version of the game as you can get. The devs have also stated that the video, and characters from the prototype, aren't even part of the game.

Companies that really (truely) care about quality rarely release anything to the public which does not live up to their high personal standards ...

Do you think Valve, Epic, Bioware, Nintendo, id, Blizzard or any other high level publisher would allow something so crappy to be released? I would set my expectations low and hope to be surprised.

A small company like Quantic doesn't have the benefit of cachet as those companies you listed. Small companies have to show whatever they have in order to get noticed by those with money. And guess what, their work got noticed and now they have the funding to make a game as great as a Bioware or Nintendo title. 

Happysquirrel, you would make a terrible record exec. You would hear every demo tape from fresh new bands and bitch and moan about the sound quality sucking rather than noticing that perhaps with a little studio time with a good producer these bands could put together something like the Rolling Stones.  

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Andir said:
... tell me I'm not the only one noticing a trend here...

3 months ago:
"OMG!!? The PS3 is going to rehash the same old IPs and games with new graphics!!"

Today: Sony announces new game from small developers with drive, and new fresh ideas and:

"What kind of crap is this??!! OMFG! Who are all these small time devs? I don't want an unproven game!"

If your Sony, "your damned if you do... and your damned if you don't"

really? I didn't see anyone saying "What kind of crap is this?" or even "This is good but they need more proven IPs if they are to survive". In fact, the only person who said anything like that is... you!

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!