By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quantic Dream announce development of An Exclusive PS3 game Heavy Rain????

LINK

http://www.ps3land.com/previews/heavyrain/heavy-rain-01.jpg" width="120" height="70" align="left">Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Europe and the developers of Quantic Dream are pleased to announce their collaboration for a complete title on PLAYSTATION®3 - over which further information will be revealed soon. Quantic Dream is known to have already carried out plays kinematics and interactives rich in emotion.

This new project will fully benefit from the power of the Cell processor and the technology of the most recent development PS3, and should hoist on a level never yet reached the emotional feelings which the players will be able to feel.

Created in 1997 per David Cage, the studio of French development Quantic Dream built a world fame thanks to the fundamental innovations which it brought to industry play, in particular concerning the interactive narration and the emotional contents. The achievements of this studio are the best witnesses: Quantic Dream is, for example, at the origin of Fahrenheit (called Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada), title rewarded by a price in 2005 and which mixes, in the field of the paranormal, the play and the cinema, by renewing the kind completely ventures.

Michael Denny, Vice President of SCE Worldwide Studios Europe affirmed: “We are really filled with enthusiasm by the prospect to work for the first time with Quantic Dream and to have thus an advisability of still improving the interactivity of our plays and of bringing to the players feelings which they never will to date have felt. We hope, very soon this year, capacity to say some to you more on this new very particular title ”

This was known from an official Sony France Press release. Sony Entertainment Computer and Quantic Dream announce the developing this title. It`s an unknown game FROM quantic dream being worked on exclusively for the ps3 in conjunction with SCE.
Word on the net is that, is Heaven Rain however, NOTHING has been confirmed.

Below is the tech demo for Anyone who does not know what this game is about.

Thanks to f@luS.

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

Hm.. as long as Sony is involved this game is staying PS3 exclusive. A PC version would be nice though.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

It seems as Sony is trying to secure some exclusives without spending MILLIONS by contacting and funding development teams with talent but not enourmous .In that light we have to see their contact of Media Molecule for Little Big Planet ,Quantic Dreams for whatever it is developing ,the Bethesda game and the rumoured Epic exclusive PS3 game .

Diomedes1976 said:
It seems as Sony is trying to secure some exclusives without spending MILLIONS by contacting and funding development teams with talent but not enourmous .In that light we have to see their contact of Media Molecule for Little Big Planet ,Quantic Dreams for whatever it is developing ,the Bethesda game and the rumoured Epic exclusive PS3 game .

Ok so you are saying Epic, Bethesda, Quanti Dream all have talent but little of it? Go over that list again and think of what you just said.

There is also that PS3 Bioware game coming, I suppose they don't have enormous talent either if your standards are that high though. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

... tell me I'm not the only one noticing a trend here...

3 months ago:
"OMG!!? The PS3 is going to rehash the same old IPs and games with new graphics!!"

Today: Sony announces new game from small developers with drive, and new fresh ideas and:

"What kind of crap is this??!! OMFG! Who are all these small time devs? I don't want an unproven game!"

If your Sony, "your damned if you do... and your damned if you don't"

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
Andir said:

3 months ago:
"OMG!!? The PS3 is going to rehash the same old IPs and games with new graphics!!"

Today: Sony announces new game from small developers with drive, and new fresh ideas and:

"What kind of crap is this??!! OMFG! Who are all these small time devs? I don't want an unproven game!"

What do you expect. It's the internet.

I expected too much I guess.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Andir said:

3 months ago:

Lemme add another nugget to that one: if they cut the price that means they are going the way of the Dreamcast if they don't that means they are not gonna sell good at all. That's internet wisdom for ya...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

heavy rain was announced a long time ago as being exclusive... they must have another game in developement or something.. to me this is a non story

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

ckmlb said:
Andir said:

3 months ago:

Lemme add another nugget to that one: if they cut the price that means they are going the way of the Dreamcast if they don't that means they are not gonna sell good at all. That's internet wisdom for ya...

Ck, I think your example is more like "caught between a rock and a hard place," as neither of those solutions is particularly positive.

But Andir, I totally agree with your criticism. I actually think Sony probably does a better job than Nintendo and definitely does a better job than MS of diversifying their games portfolio.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">