By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The *REAL* cost of owning an HD console that's not a PS3

Easy! $199 for an Arcade is all you need to get into the door if that Fred's rumor is correct.

I think I'll pick one up for that price. How many other vgchartz folks are thinking about picking one up if it hits?

Around the Network

I thought you already had one?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

What happened to the troll post that was here a second ago?

Did you decide to change it out of fear of getting banned?

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

How about the costs of buying a X360 HDD and the annual subscriptions of XBox Live? Those additional costs will need to be included because 70% of Arcade X360 owners will want to upgrade their console or play X360 online. 70% of X360 owners are connected to XBox Live or have subscribed to XBox Live.

I consider the GIMPED Arcade X360 not value for money. The 20GB or 60GB is the best value as far as X360's are concerned.

flames_of said:

Yeah, but I am gonna snag another for the HDMI port. Plus, if my 360 goes RROD, I can have a backup (my 360 was made in feb. 2006 and was repaired before).

Around the Network
madskillz said:
flames_of said:

Yeah, but I am gonna snag another for the HDMI port. Plus, if my 360 goes RROD, I can have a backup (my 360 was made in feb. 2006 and was repaired before).

You are going to buy a duplicate console for an output port and as a back-up?...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Rock_on_2008 said:
How about the costs of buying a X360 HDD and the annual subscriptions of XBox Live? Those additional costs will need to be included because 70% of Arcade X360 owners will want to upgrade their console or play X360 online. 70% of X360 owners are connected to XBox Live or have subscribed to XBox Live.

I consider the GIMPED Arcade X360 not value for money. The 20GB or 60GB is the best value as far as X360's are concerned.

What do they say?  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

I too, would never be tempted to buy an arcade version of the 360 due to the lack of a hard drive, but there are many people who would do just that, especially when they're told they have the ability to upgrade later on.

Remember the original low-end PS3?  You couldn't add missing features such as WIFI no matter what.  Sony realized their mistake and quickly got rid of any models without WIFI.

It's one thing to not include a feature, but it's another thing entirely to not include a feature and make it impossible to add it later on.  The only feature MS handled this way was HDMI... they felt a VGA port was a good substitute.  Fortunately, they finally figured out that not having the ability to ever have HDMI was a bad idea.

flames_of:

For 200 bucks, WHY NOT?!?!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

flames_of said:
madskillz said:
flames_of said:

You are going to buy a duplicate console for an output port and as a back-up?...

There actually was a troll post here before, but he quickly edited it and I guess this was the best he could come up with.

He was making fun of PS3 owners who try to estimate the cost of bringing an arcade SKU up to par with a PS3. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything, it wasn't funny.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Maybe once the Jaspers hit.

Probably i'll just get the PS3 though. It depends how much pull my girlfriend gets. She really wants a 360.