By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Madden 09, Better than ever.

says this guy.

http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/081108-madden

some new stuff:

for novice players. play selection can be as simple or as deep as you want it. At the easiest level, the computer will select your plays for you. Later on, you can arrange your playbook by play type (power run, quick pass) rather than by sometimes confusing formations like Z slant wide corner or double Z LB spy.

A few more in-game features let you learn from your mistakes. Instead of kicking yourself over that end zone interception, you can hit the Rewind button and try the play again. Or you can watch a Backtrack video, in which the game shows you how you could have salvaged a botched play. "Madden 09" also does a great job with onscreen menus that provide a helpful guide to all your options at the line of scrimmage.

Finally, there are Madden Moments, in which you can try to duplicate some of the most memorable events from the 2007-08 NFL season, like Devin Hester's two-touchdown-return game or David Tyree's catch in the Giants' Super Bowl comeback over the Patriots.

The audio has undergone the most jarring change: Al Michaels, the veteran TV broadcaster, is gone, and John Madden himself has been demoted to the halftime show and the training levels. Their replacements in the booth, the bland Tom Hammond and the insufferable Cris Collinsworth, are poor substitutes.

Around the Network

I wonder whats going on with all the big game reviewers not reviewing madden 09 yet?

Gamedaily gives it 8/10
http://www.gamedaily.com/games/madden-nfl-09/playstation-3/game-reviews/review/6998/2101/

Did it come to the wii?

^
Yes. I want this game.....NOW!

Around the Network

another year another Madden, this is why Im not big into sports games, because everyear the new and improved version comes out and your 60$ purchase is worthless in a year. When are they gonna make the definitive Madden or NHL or whatever. Proably never

$60 for a roster update...i'll pass.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

I'm getting tired of Madden. The wii version might the best to get.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i havent gotten any sports games for wii yet

I'm waiting to see if all the 09 EA sports games get good reviews

and i will look into 2K sports games if they ever make them for wii for 09.

Im wondering if i should hold of to 2010 now that motion plus is out and might considerably improve these games on wii.

Sports games are always the same, just updated team roster's retailing for $60US. Pass, no thank you.