By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if Sony kept the Boomerang?

I think the issue with the triggers on the SIXAXIS is that they're curved the wrong way. Take a look at the 360 controller's triggers, they're concave. As you apply pressure to them, the curve helps keep your fingers from slipping off. The SIXAXIS's triggers are curved the opposite way, convex, which is basically asking for your fingers to slip off.

Around the Network

I've never had a problem with my fingers slipping off... ( shrug )

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Tispower said:
omgwtfbbq said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Fuzzmosis said:
I'm a bit weird in that I significantly prefer the Original X-Box controller to the small version, but my question with the boomerang really would be why it is exceptionally long. 50% of the controller is pure wasted space with the legs sticking out? The controller may be more comfortable, but it needs to be hobbled. Otherwise, no concerns whatsoever with it. Unless the R/L/1/2 buttons were in crappy placements, but we can't see that.

lol, I liked the origonal Xbox controller over the redesign too.

I think the Boomerang had it's R2 and L2 buttons placed lower on the backside of the controller, I think that would feel more comfortable to be able to have a finger on each button at all times as opposed to the Sixaxis, it would feel more natural.

you guys must have gigantic hands...

Agree, yor hands are big....or my hands are just small

Also, how on earth are you holding your SIXAXIS, if you're refering to the L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons, I always have index fingers on the L1 and R1 buttons, and Middle fingers on L2 and R2 buttons, so I don't see what you're talking about that.

I hold it the same way, it's just because of the triggers, it the middle fingers don't stay on that well as opposed to when they were bumpers. I've thought about doing a little 'mod' to the triggers to make them fit the fingers a little better.

It isn't the size of the fingers, I think it's really just how I hold the controller that makes it feel kind of akward as pressing down on the triggers can sometimes cause a problem when I require a finger on each button in a game such as Warhawk (in flight combat).