By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Finally, a chance to check out Too Human -- color me impressed

I have reached the point where I am looking for games that aren't the same ol' shit repackaged.  I finally got a chance to check out the demo and I am most certainly going to purchase this game.  It is a little bit shooter, a little bit RPG, a little bit dungeon crawler, and little bit loot, and a lot fun.  After all the negative press I was expecting a turd, but this is really a neat IP.

On the plus side, everything has a high cool factor.  The game seems original (to me).  I actually LIKE the controls in using triggers to shoot and the right analog to attack with the melee weapon.  You character is a genuine bad-ass.

There are some negatives, though... There are framerate issues here and there -- enough to be a distraction -- and the camera occasionally became a problem.  I got over it with a quick bump on the left button, but it was there...

For others that are patiently awaiting this game:  Do you think there will be much difference in the final game and the demo?  There are enought technical issues that I don't see it being an AAA title as the game will take some hits for it.  Much like Mass Effect (which had some issues as well), though, the game seems original and interesting enough that the technical issues will probably not impact the game in a huge way...

Anyway... add another to the "want" column for this Fall.  I can't afford this damn hobby any more...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Most games IGN gives a Launch Station to end up being AAA. So yeah, I think it will be.

Been following this game for years now, pretty exciting that its finall coming out.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@ KN - don't forget, it's still a demo. There may be some issues, but most *should* be dealt with before launch.

I am dropping my MS rep a line and see if we can't snag a few copies for review. I am definitely planning on picking this up - especially if it's like Mass Effect.

Too Human looks pretty cool. It's pretty unique from other action RPGs

The demo was fun.

Around the Network

I am glad you enjoyed it. I couldnt agree more with your opinion. From what I played, it has a little bit of everything. I had a lot of fun with the small demo. Looking forwarded to picking up a copy.

A thread about Too Human sucking will quickly get 100 posts on VGC. A thread about someone liking the demo gets six posts in two days then drops off the front page............

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Im hoping this games good, not because I want the Xbox360 to pwn... But because I love the hack n slash genre RPG genre in general and I love the developers.

Tease.

Hadn't considered this until kn gave it the thumbs up. Will certainly give the demo a try now. Cheers for the heads up.

A thread about someone liking the demo gets six posts in two days then drops off the front page

Yes because everyone likes to make derogatory remarks about 360 games but only 360 fans are interested in the game itself. And 360 fans are a minority here . In all honesty I have not even 100% understood what Too Human is (RPG/Action/more Diablo or Baldur's Gate?) and have no clear idea about the story. So I do not even know if I want it on PS3 until some reviews come out.