By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii owners, what would online play for WiiSports Resort mean to you?

For me, if Nintendo added Online play with some decent stat tracking, the game would shoot up my list to most wanted.

I would probably play online much more often. I don't play online very much, because I am not driven to win.

This is really Nintendo's oppurtunity to get the casuals hooked on gaming, so they will buy more games.

An in-game gamer score, shared with friends. That would be great.

I think many of the pissed off Nintendo fans would change their minds about Nintendo, about Casual games, and about Nintendo Milking the "Wii" brand.

Think it will happen?  What are some features I'm missing?

What do you think the effect will be?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

About 2 hours of amusement before the lag irritated me.

The fun in Wiisports was when you played it with friends offline.

I am not so sure online would help that much to be honest.

rendo said:
About 2 hours of amusement before the lag irritated me.

The only game I get lag on is Super Smash Bros Brawl, which I'm guessing is because the game is really just too much for the internet :P ...  I never have problems with any other games.

I would welcome it, but I would welcome it even more if Nintendo overhauled their entire stance about online gaming. I also don't feel like going on it very often, and that's because the service is garbage. Adding friends and then re-adding them for each game is such a mess, and too much of a hassle for someone like myself that has other options.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
gorgepir said:
The fun in Wiisports was when you played it with friends offline.

I am not so sure online would help that much to be honest.

That is a good point.  But with Wii Speak, and two-on-two beach sports, it might be fun.

RolStoppable said:
Nothing, if I would buy the game, I would do it for the Jetski part alone.

I'm very serious about this.

I have never traded a friend code.

I've never even considered it.

But what made me think of this thread, was the idea of challenging you, yes YOU, at a game I might stand a chance at winning.

(Edit: I'd probably still lose, but it'd be a pretty close second.)

not getting it.

got wii sport because it came with the wii, but who knows where that dvd is.

Jo21 said:
not getting it.

got wii sport because it came with the wii, but who knows where that dvd is.

Judging from your post history, you might as well just sell your Wii, you'd make a profit and be able to buy more HD games.

Wii Sports Resorts will just be a collection of mini games aka demos which are meant only to show the power of MP. Don't expect much from that mini games but you can expect that some of them will become full games which might contain online play.