By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console(s) Do You Think Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Knight's Story Go On

Legend11 said:
I always get a kick out of your sig naznatips, I guess Miyamoto never heard of Daikatana or other horrible games that were delayed before release.

Hehe, that's a good point.  He was more talking about games being delayed for proper polish, than a game like Daikatana where they seemed pretty confused about what they were doing throughout the entire development process, but point taken lol.

Around the Network

Well, we should all remember that the next main KH is not going to be named KHIII, and maybe that game will be the same as what you guys call Knight's story. I mean, KH sequel and KH Knight's story are only one game, maybe. If that's true, I'd like it for the Wii.

If they're different games, I mean, there's a KHII sequel and a KH Knight's story, I'd like the main sequel to be on the Wii, and the spin-off for multiplatform, PS3/Xbox360. That way Square-Enix would show great support for both Sony and Microsoft. Think about it.

On the subject of multiplatform, where KH, FF and Tales of go, that's where I'm going. I already have a Wii, but it's a given that I'll have a PS3 and/or (more possibly or) in the future. Where most interesting RPGs plus other awesome games go, I'll go too. PS3, I'm looking at you.

Even if KH3 was on the Wii the PS3 will most likely get Kingdom Hearts X.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Even if KH3 was on the Wii the PS3 will most likely get Kingdom Hearts X.

Exactly SSJ.  That's what I expect to happen.  I think the series will split, with KH3 going to the Wii and the Knight's Story (I think what you are calling KHX) will go to the PS3.  It seems like a logical split wouldn't you say?  Giving the more hardcore oriented game to the PS3 while keeping the family friendly one on the easily accessible Wii.

Jon Romero and John Carmack worked closely together to produce id software's early great games; Jon Romero was the visionary that came up with the ideas and John Carmack was the brilliant developer who could implement them. After the two fell out Jon Romero produced Diakatana which was an interesting idea but lacked the technical skill to make it work, and John Carmack has produced some of the most generic first person shooters and some of the greatest game engines.

Anyways, back on topic ...

I suspect that what platform Kingdom Hearts is released for will largely depend on when the game began development; if it began before E3 2006 it will be exclusive for the PS3, if it was started between E3 and January 1st 2007 I would expect it to be multiplatform, and if it was started after January 1st 2007 I would imagine that it would be released for the Wii.

Around the Network

ok, I love Kingdom Hearts, but see it on the ps3 easily. Why?

The spinoffs that are known to follow another story may easliy appear on a different format. Although, when Sora's story comes back for KH3 it will be on the PS3 no matter what. Well, the big player will be buena vista(disney) owns have the rights of the game, and are a strong supporter of blu-ray techonology which we all know is in the ps3. Why would they let square but the game on the other systems when it doesn't appeal to the companies supports. Selling it on the ps3 equals more system, more blu-ray player, more disney movies sold.

Just a though that came in my head. Ill play the game either way but would prefer on the ps2 since the history is there of the story.

WKS will be a ps3 exclusive, i feel they will need the extra disc space for the game.

damandan05 said:

The spinoffs that are known to follow another story may easliy appear on a different format. Although, when Sora's story comes back for KH3 it will be on the PS3 no matter what. Well, the big player will be buena vista(disney) owns have the rights of the game, and are a strong supporter of blu-ray techonology which we all know is in the ps3. Why would they let square but the game on the other systems when it doesn't appeal to the companies supports. Selling it on the ps3 equals more system, more blu-ray player, more disney movies sold.

Just a though that came in my head. Ill play the game either way but would prefer on the ps2 since the history is there of the story.

WKS will be a ps3 exclusive, i feel they will need the extra disc space for the game.

It's a thought, and I don't think it's completely unreasonable, but it currently doesn't stand up to empirical scrutiny.

Please note that Disney has its own software development studios now, called Disney Interactive. Not only are they producing games for the 360/Wii, but they are actually producing a Wii-exclusive game (High School the Musical) on their own. They currently have zero PS3-exclusive titles in production.

If Disney is clearly willing to support 360/Wii with their own products that they make directly, why would they stop Square from doing the same? What are the odds that Disney is unwilling to put Kingdom Hearts on another console -- even though it's not developed or owned by them -- but they ARE willing to put their own products on other platforms? Seems unlikely. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

damandan05 said:

It doesn't work that way though ...

Disney Interactive is releasing several games for the Wii, and many properties based on Sony Picture owned IPs have been released on Nintendo and Microsoft platforms. There are limitations that can be put on obtaining an IP but they usually revolve around content approval and quality. Publishers may have restrictions on the platforms they can release a product for but usually this means they have to release it to as many platforms as possible.

A way to look at it is this, Disney would rather use their Mickey Mouse (and friends) properties used to increase their value  by being used in a high quality game that sells well then to sell a few more Blu-Ray players.

Yea you do make a good point, anything can happen.

I own the systems but have that desire to the franchise on the ps logo for some reason.

Also the director of Kingdom Hearts Tetsuya Nomura did praise the PS3 as of late "The PS3 is the machine that is closest to being able to express our imagination." This in reference for the two FF13 projects, but personally since KH is Nomura's baby, and creation.  If he shows that kind of faith in the system in way to experience his thoughts. It might have a factor in him wanted to express his ideas thoroughly on the system he is familiar with already.

White Knight Story is not a Kingdom Hearts spinoff, it's an RPG game on its own being made by Level 5 and published by Sony. PS3 exclusive.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!