By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty 6 confirmed.

Now this is a turn up for the books, we all love Call of Duty 4 (CoD4) which we are all playing online over and over again because it is addictive, well get this latest news scoop, Call of Duty 6 pencilled for 2009.

The 2009 release for the follow-up to the stunning World at War; Infinity Ward are to develop once again which is great news, this is mental seeing as we are all still hyped up for the fifth installment, are they leap-frogging? Bobby Kotick has already confirmed that a sixth CoD game is being lined up for 2009.

Kotick said that the title would indeed follow the series “leapfrog studio strategy”, basically saying that the development responsibilities would indeed switch back from WoW creator Treyarch to COD4 dev Infinity Ward.

Updates: There is also confirmed raft of licensed properties such as Marvel’s Wolverine and Transformers 2, 2009 looks very strong indeed for the PlayStation 3 with the likes of multiple new Guitar Hero SKUs, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, all-new Call of Duty, completely reinvented Tony Hawk, there will be a number of movie titles also such as Marvel’s Wolverine, DreamWorks’ Monsters versus Aliens, 20th Century Fox’s Ice Age and Transformers 2.

GO

-------------------------------

Lol?

MGS4!

Around the Network

Yeah stay frosty. It's deep and its hard bi)(ch ;)  COD6 ftw.

Old

YAY!!!!! I love COD 4!!!! COD 6 FTW!!!1

I definetly like Infinity Ward better out of the two.

Around the Network

Is it going to be Call Of Duty 6 or Call Of Duty 5? Iv been wondering since World At War dident get the number, if they would let the numbered games in teh series to Inifinty Ward will Treyarch would do the spinoffs.

Call of Duty versus Halo

Somebody make this game

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I think Sessler sums up my thoughts about this. Less Call of Duty's, less Guitar Hero's, more original games like the ones they are dumping from Vivindi.

^Hey established IPs work.

So COD 6 is PS3 exclusive now? Please move this to the gaming forum.