By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rage PS3/360: All 'key scenes' will look the same

Damage control....pah...you lot remind me of those nutjobs on those low quality conspiracy space theory documentaries.

He's said what the difference will be hasn't he?

Didn't Epic say the same about UT3? And wallah, it looks BETTER and has more maps...

I don't like the PS3, but I'm not going to make up stuff as I go along. Don't comment on what you don't understand, know, or even have an idea about!

Please!

Damage control? John Carmack says what he damn well likes, and you all know it.

Trying to create FUD if you ask me. Which your not but thought I'd say anyway!

Around the Network
reask said:
Is this game going to be good?

Personally the graphics thing does,nt bother me once the gameplay is good.

Agreed, just ask the Millions of Wii owners (including myself) who love the gameplay; and while owning an HD console, can look past the graphical difference for a great game experience.

disolitude said:
the way I see it is...everyone knows games made by ID are texture whores and bluray being bigger is able to have more higher res textures since ID is too cheap to licence a 3 disk game for the 360 and is doing it on 2 disks.

I don't see gameplay being worse on the 360 because of this.

Also think of it this way...higher res textures + slow bluray = lots of load times for ps3.

Lets wait for reviews shall we...

ps3 load time isnt slow....

Hard to say whether or not this is damage control. I still think Carmack's initial remarks were a bit of a "wink wink" at Microsoft to say to them "lets work something about this 3 disc story".

What I want to know, is if the PC one is going to be the definitive version. I do remember Carmack saying something about better shadow map quality on the PC version.

Mad as it sounds, I will probably end up getting the PC and PS3 version of this game in the end.

The developers are suddenly starting to admit the blu-ray adoption was a good idea for the PS3.

This makes me warm and fuzzy

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

If this game is good I am just going to get it on the PC anyways, so I could care less. The PC version is going to be better than both console versions anyway, so this is a moot point for those of us with high end gaming rigs.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Oh. Well then i don't care. Looks like there isn't gonna be much of difference after all.

Not gonna get it though; not a racing fan.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I'm more concerned if the game itself will be actually decent. If it is I would purchase it on PC anyway. Valve, id, Epic games I usually always go for PC over console unless it's a year later exclusive (ie: Gears). I respect John Carmack alot but the last game he worked on (Doom3) I didn't enjoy at all.

and thanks Skeeuk for not going with a flamebait thread title. The same thing was posted on joystiq a while ago and they had a different choice of words lol.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Shadowblind said:
Oh. Well then i don't care. Looks like there isn't gonna be much of difference after all.

Not gonna get it though; not a racing fan.

But....its an FPS....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot