By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your favorite hip hop albums of this millennium so far?

theprof00 said:
Avalach21 said:
theprof00 said:
listening to "ketto" right now, can't say just yet how i like it. The opening sounds a little amateurish tho. like they just wanted to mix a bunch of different sounds together.
Nothing against them, but back in the day my friend made beats and he was always like "and then i'm gunna put this sound" and was never consistent.
this song is all over the place, almost like it's testing stuff out.

are you talking about the intro track, or the fifth track. Becuase you're right, the intro track is just like 50 seconds on noises, it's not a song. The fifth track "ketto" is awesome though. I enjoy every song on the album, but track 3 is probably my least favorite.

yeah i didn't realize it but i have a few of those songs on my comp. flutter is cool

i don't tend to make a note of artists or songs i like, only artists music i don't like lol.

yea flutter's off one of his earlier albums. I love all of his stuff.  I think Days to Come is definitely his best album though

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

oh btw this might sound dumb but ja rule venni vetti vecci in 1999 was an amazing album, amazing.

I mostly listen to all of Nas, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Outkast, Ludacris, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Dr. Dre, Eminem, and Chamillionaire's albums. I know there's more but I can't think of them.

yeah lupe fiasco is rediculous

tho one of the best rap songs ever made is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQX3gvc86c
ja rule "race against time"

Around the Network

Kanye West, Outkast, and Common have already been mentioned, so I won't mention any of their stuff. One other band I'd like to mention is Gym Class Heroes. All their stuff lately has been great, especially As Cruel As School Children. I think they get ignored because the belong to Fueled by Ramen which is, obviously, known for more pop punk and alternative punk than rap or hip hop.

theprof00 said:
tho one of the best rap songs ever made is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JQX3gvc86c
ja rule "race against time"

You really think this is one of the top hip-hop songs ever made?  Maybe it's just because I dont like ja rule.

there's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

D12 - Devil's Night
Swollen Members - Black Magic (Canadian Hip-hop group)
Slightly Stoopid - Closer to the Sun (American)

There are more but this quickly comes to my head.

Beenie man is quite good. And I love Tego Calderon.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

theprof00 said:
oh btw this might sound dumb but ja rule venni vetti vecci in 1999 was an amazing album, amazing.

You're right. That did sound dumb.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.