By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - hello wii360...see ya later ps3

as many know, i'm a ps3 owner and a sony supporter. however, my faith in sony has been decreased significantly due to many of their actions (namely doing nothing...). well, i finally did the unthinkable. i sold my ps3 and got a used wii and xbox360.

this is the package which i sold

ps3 40gig with 1 sixaxis controler and one red octane guitar controller

games

uncharted, heavenly sword, mgs4, guitar hero3, resistance, nba 2k7, genji, and iron man. installed were 8 psn games super stardust hd, calling all cars, pain, high velosity bowling, wolf of the battle field, fatal inertia fx, tekken5 online, and pixeljunk monsters. also installed were 2 psone pames crash bandicoot warped and crash bandicoot 2

for the exact same amount of money which i earned from selling my ps3, i bought this

used wii with 2 sets of wiimote and nunchuc attatchment and one third party guitar controller

games

gutiar hero3, guitar hero aerosmith, mario party 8, mario kart wii, resident evil 4 wii, wii sport, dancing with the stars, game party and zack and wiki

i was also able to buy a used xbox360 with the 20gig hdd with one controller

games

gta4, project gotham3, assassin's creed, cod3, gears of war, nba 2k7, nba 2k8, nba live 08, fight night round3, ghost reacon advance warfare, nba live 07, need for speed carbon, need for speed most wanted, quake4, kameo, virtua tenis3 and hackdown.

originally, i was only planning to buy a ps2. but with this bundles. i dont think i'm going to need to buy a ps2 any time soon.

i know there are those who would say that buying used is a no no...but with the wii and xbox360 bundles which i got for the price of my ps3? damn i'm very very pleased with myself. 

i'll post my impressions of the wii and xbox360 later on their respective forums.

anyways, carry on.

Around the Network

You got all that from selling your PS3? Wow, nice job.

Anyway watch out for the RROD on a realllly old 360. Other then that, you got an extremely good value it seems.

Welcome to the Next generation.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Play your new games in this order:

1. Zack and Wiki
  2. Gears of War
  3. Mario Kart Wii
  4. Resident Evil 4

but but but, i got nothing. Congrats on ur news consoles.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

mm lol GL to you i sold my wii to get a ps3 ^^ , maybe with wii and 360 you can get a good combination but i think the wii alone is not very good which was my case thats why i am getting a ps3 over 360 because i like LBP too much, i dont own at this moment but from my point of view you sold your ps3 at the worst time finally all good exclusives are starting to come out.

At least on my country on forums you see people selling wiis and 360 after E3 and i have seen none to just one ps3 beeing sold

Around the Network

"As many know?" I don't even know who you are!

:O

No presents from Santa this Christmas!

Play Mario Kart, Mario Kart, and then Mario Kart. Honestly, play Wii Sports first to see what the Wii Remote is all about.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

You definitely need to buy Super Mario Galaxy. Best graphics on Wii, an amazing soundtrack, and my favorite game so far this gen across all platforms.

Just watch this thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=36648

Well sell Game Party, Dancing With the Stars, and probably mario part 8(depends on if you like it, some people do). Buy 1 or more of the following depending on how much you get for those Wii games Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Brawl, there are tons of other games I could recommend, but those are just a few of the first games you should get. I would sell a few of those 360 games too depending on how much you like them. I do recommend tons of games though for both consoles. I hope in the future though that you feelings for the PS3 and Sony change depending on games, and you reconsider purchasing another one.