By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just got Final Fantasy IV

So ya, I finally got Final Fantasy IV, and I have a few questions.

1 - This is my 1st JRPG, unless you count Mario RPG and Pokemon, so did I make a good choice?

2 - This is my 1st Final Fantasy game other then My Life As A King, did I make a good choice?

3 - How long is the game?

4 - How hard is the game?

Your probably wondering why I bought it if I have so many questions, to be honest I went looking for The World Ends With You but it wasen't there, so I got FF4 instead.

Thanks

Around the Network

FFIV is going to kick your butt in terms of difficulty

I like hard games. So good.

1. Yes, I loved FFIV for the SNES and it was my first RPG ever.
2. Yes, Again, I loved it.
3. Don't remember, but the DS version is supposed to be longer, so you should be good. I would guess 30hr maybe longer depending on how you play.
4. It took me until my 3rd try on the game to beat it, but I never level grind, so take that how you will, I was ~13 when I finally beat it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Definitely a good choice, especially as someone new to the FF franchise. I'm going to third the motion that this game is pretty tough. I am a level grinder for the most part and I'm still having troubles at some boss fights. It's so irritating when you work on a character and then teh story takes them away and gives you one 10 levels lower!! GACK! :)

I also picked up FFIII for the DS and didn't like it nearly as much as I hoped it would. I was a little leery of FFIV since it used the same 3d engine but IV pulls it off so well I couldn't possibly complain.

Enjoy the game!

Around the Network
O-D-C said:

So ya, I finally got Final Fantasy IV, and I have a few questions.

1 - This is my 1st JRPG, unless you count Mario RPG and Pokemon, so did I make a good choice?

2 - This is my 1st Final Fantasy game other then My Life As A King, did I make a good choice?

3 - How long is the game?

4 - How hard is the game?

Your probably wondering why I bought it if I have so many questions, to be honest I went looking for The World Ends With You but it wasen't there, so I got FF4 instead.

Thanks

1. Yes, though FFVI Advance is the better choice :-p
  2. See above
  3. I'm about 20 hours into it and I probably have another 5-10
  4. It starts off a little hard, then gets really easy for a while, then the bosses get super hard (damn counter attacks!), and then it just gets really hard even in the random battles.  Up until where I was now the random battles have been more or less a cakewalk but now even the random battles are really starting to wear my characters out and I'm leveled pretty high.

The good thing about this game is you won't have to do a lot of grinding.  I did a lot in the first few hours of the game, a little bit in the middle (first time in the underground before fighting Golbez) and now I'm doing a little more (just got to the moon).  You'll get the rest of your grinding done just while exploring so luckily you won't have to waste a lot of time doing that.

its probably the best rpg on DS i have been enjoying this game for the past couple of days, even though i beat the snes version, its very hard i've seen the game over screen more times than i can count, but its not frustrating, you wont be disappointed with this game that for sure.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

The games give you some easy parts along the way and then hit you hard sending you to title screen when you lease expected. Don't go laxing on those save spots.

It is based on the original JP version (harder). The challenge is higher than the Snes, PSX or GBA versions. The only problem is that the extra dungeon from the GBA version is missing (that means you are stuck with your final party).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

It's one of the best games ever and the remake is done quite well.

You'll have to do some leveling but don't worry, it's not world of warcraft.

The game should be 20-30 hours long.

Enjoy.