By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 2 possible, says Realtime Worlds

Crackdown, the best sandbox game of this generation (1000x better than Grand Theft Auto 4 imo) may eventually get a sequel.  Make it happen, Microsoft!

From play.tm:

Crackdown 2 possible, says Realtime

Developer would like it to happen

Sandbox action title Crackdown could spawn a sequel, developer Realtime Worlds have revealed, speaking to bloggers VG247.

by Luke Guttridge

7 august 2008

The future-based crime-fighting game was an Xbox 360 hit, and studio chief Colin Macdonald admits his team regret not moving onto a sequel.

"It was a horrible, horrible decision that we still dwell on," he notes, before adding, hopefully: "But I don’t think the door’s closed. Obviously, right now we’re tied up with APB and everything else, but hopefully in the future we’ll have the resource and something can be worked out with Microsoft."

"We would have loved to have seen it. We poured five years of our lives into that game. You know, we’ve got guys on the development team that have Crackdown tattoos, permanent tattoos on their arms. We’re extremely passionate about it," Macdonald said on the prospect of a second game.

More on Crackdown 2 one day, then.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

COME ON!!!!

Seriously. Crackdown, Saint's Row and Just Cause. Xbox 360 is the place for sandbox.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Make it so! Crackdown 2 FTW!

After all the skepticism on Crackdown (mostly b/c of the Halo 3 beta) the game really turned out to be a classic. Crackdown 2 would sell like hotcakes even without the H3 Beta. And lets face it many hours were spent looking for the last damn agikity orbs =)

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

CRACKDOWN!!!!!!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

I guess they heard about the new Halo.

With a deeper and longer story it will easily be the best sandbox game of this generation !
Crackdown is simply awesome. More, I WANT MORE !!!

From Crackdown Wiki:

Features Thought (or wanted) to be in Crackdown 2

• There will be a better Storyline
  • Female Agents
  • Four or more player Co-Op
  • Some sort of PvP (Player vs. Player) arena, so that people may fight each other)
  • More Fighting Stances (As in, being able to 'Jump Kick', punch, etc.)
  • Melee weapons (as in holding swords, nun-chucks, baseball bats, etc.)
  • Customizable Agents
  • Having more then one spot to 'pick up' Agency Vehicles
  • Harder Bosses
  • More guns, cars, and explosives
  • Take place somewhere besides Pacific City
  • 'Agent' revolts against the Agency for helping criminals

That would be totally AWESOME !!!!!!! Please make it happen !

@Starcraft

The 360 does not need more sandbox games! Too many and people with call it the "Sandbox 360"....

:)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

They should throw in the H3 beta just for good measure with the next crackdown...

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

should have MC as a playable agent....i think my head would explode from the awesomeness

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur