By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Tales of Vesperia' Launches in Tokyo (with waiting people!)

"Tales of Vesperia," the latest in Namco Bandai's long-running "Tales" series of games, debuted to a couple of hundred waiting gamers in Tokyo on Thursday morning.

Sales of the Xbox 360 title began a little after 8 a.m. at Yodobashi Camera in Tokyo's Akihabara electronics district, where about 200 people were waiting by the time the game launched. The first person in line arrived late on Wednesday night.

Yodobashi opened sales at 8 a.m. to people buying a bundle of the game and a special-edition "Tales of Vesperia" Xbox 360 console. The bundle, which includes a Vesperia faceplate and additional DVD, costs ¥37,800 (US$345), while the game itself costs ¥7,800, although major electronics retailers are discounting the game price by about ¥1,000.

Japan is the first country to see the game, which will go on sale in North America on Aug. 26 and in Europe in the first half of next year. The role-playing game follows other titles, including "Tales of Symphonia" and "Tales of the Abyss," and sees characters Yuri and Flynn embark on a quest to save their world.

Microsoft is betting on popular Japanese role-playing games like "Tales of Vesperia" to help popularize the Xbox 360 in the market. The console trails Nintendo's Wii and Sony's PlayStation 3 in a distant third place in Japan. Sales of the console totaled 4,941 units in the last week of July, according to figures from Media Create. In contrast, the Wii sold 41,024 units, the PlayStation 3 sold 10,692 units and the PlayStation 2 sold 9,291 units, the company said.

Another Xbox 360 title awaited by Japanese gamers, Square Enix's "Infinite Undiscovery," is scheduled to go on sale Sept. 11."

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/149517/xbox_360s_tales_of_vesperia_launches_in_tokyo.html

Poeple were actually waiting in line at midnight! Seems like the game will sell quite well in Japan, at least I hope so.

Go Microsoft Japan!

You aint found shit!

Around the Network

Sweet! Tales games deserve this kind of treatment. Go 360 japan too.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

the 360 should see another momentary spike. Jrpgs really help it alot in Japan.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Wow that is something. Good for Xbox 360 and Tales

cool, hope it sells well. cant wait to get here in the states.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

this shoulb be good for the 360, i wonder if the 360 keeps doing this well

will it get a FFXIII japan release

Well, the 360 has a slew of these games on tap...yeah...not my cup of tea at all, but M$ has to give the people what they want...I've pre-order my next obession...Too Human...WOOT!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

not bad, dats good news for da 360.

heruamon said:
Well, the 360 has a slew of these games on tap...yeah...not my cup of tea at all, but M$ has to give the people what they want...I've pre-order my next obession...Too Human...WOOT!

Me too i pre-order Too Human yesterday; playing as berserker what about you.

The_vagabond7 said:
the 360 should see another momentary spike. Jrpgs really help it alot in Japan.

Ya think?

;)