By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 is the greatest game this Gen no doubt!

disolitude said:

umm...no. Best interactive movie...sure.

Otherwise a game like geometry wars 2 and boomblox kick its ass in fun gameplay.

mgs4 is the best game so far, i know you are trying to clutch straws and try to get consumers to not buy ps3, but mgs4 is the best game released thus far. the "best interactive movie" moniker only comes from xbox fanboys and its getting old.

if this was 360 exclusive i belive you would have been raving on about it even till this day.

mgs4 is the best game released up2 now, which also includes an addictive online game:)

ps3 going into 2009 is looking great, at the end of 2009 it should be ahead in global sales.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

GTA IV or Bioshock. I never really felt the need to finish MGS4 after 3 hours, and I usually feel the need to finish just about everything I play.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Love MGS4. Definantly in the top 3 this gen. Probably the best though.

Shadowblind said:

GTA IV or Bioshock. I never really felt the need to finish MGS4 after 3 hours, and I usually feel the need to finish just about everything I play.

I wouldn't put GTAIV in my top five, but I almost forgot about Bioshock.  I couldn't stop playing that game until I beat it, it was so thoroughly engrossing.  Bioshock might be my fave so far this generation now that I think about it.

Skeeuk said:
disolitude said:

Otherwise a game like geometry wars 2 and boomblox kick its ass in fun gameplay.

mgs4 is the best game so far, i know you are trying to clutch straws and try to get consumers to not buy ps3, but mgs4 is the best game released thus far. the "best interactive movie" moniker only comes from xbox fanboys and its getting old.

if this was 360 exclusive i belive you would have been raving on about it even till this day.

mgs4 is the best game released up2 now, which also includes an addictive online game:)

ps3 going into 2009 is looking great, at the end of 2009 it should be ahead in global sales.

lol...you are so off base here its not even funny.

I dont go around this site saying "PS3/360 FOR PRESIDENT!" in every post. I don't care if people buy ps3, 360 or an atari jaguar...I'm not trying to influence anyone with my posts to buy one system over another.

I personally owned all 3 up until 2 weeks ago...and I bought PS3 specifically for MGS4. I'll go as far as saying that the experience is unique in MGS4, but it definetly is not for everyone. For me it was a one big "MEH!"...

At this point if it came out on 360 I wouldn't even buy it...unless it came with mgs1,2,3 or something like that for 50 bucks.

I see you still finish every post with "PS3 - 2009 domination"...I don't see it happening my freind.

Around the Network

MGS4 had its moments, good and bad. I really enjoyed Act I & IV. I thought the final battle was truly brilliant, though the controls sucked.

Best game this gen? Nah, not even close. Portal is head and shoulders above it IMO. I would put MGS4 below BioShock, and I thought the last 1/3 of that game sucked ass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

disolitude said:
Skeeuk said:
disolitude said:

lol...you are so off base here its not even funny.

I dont go around this site saying "PS3/360 FOR PRESIDENT!" in every post. I don't care if people buy ps3, 360 or an atari jaguar...I'm not trying to influence anyone with my posts to buy one system over another.

I personally owned all 3 up until 2 weeks ago...and I bought PS3 specifically for MGS4. I'll go as far as saying that the experience is unique in MGS4, but it definetly is not for everyone.

At this point if it came out on 360 I wouldn't even buy it...unless it came with mgs1,2,3 or something like that for 50 bucks.

I see you still finish every post with "PS3 - 2009 domination"...I don't see it happening my freind.

i thought you said a few days ago that you bought one, and ages ago you said you sold one?

il repeat again, if this was on 360 you would have raved on about it!

yes i do see ps3 ahead in 2009, at xmas time 2008 ps3 should have outsold ps3 for this year, and going into end of 2009 it will be ahead, i predict mabey mid 2009

geo-wars 2 > than mgs4 lol, ok so that means geo-wars 2 > lost oddesey??????

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk, why is it so hard for you to understand that some of us think Kojima is a horseshit storyteller and that his games aren't that brilliant?

Platform doesn't matter one lick to some of us... We just don't think MGS4 is that great.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Portal and Mario Galaxy are both by far the best games this gen.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Maybe people are forgetting SMG. a game which everyone will love, not like MGS4 whose accessibility was a bit compromised

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach