By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 is the greatest game this Gen no doubt!

I trust the Eurogamer review on this one. 80% fits this one perfectly.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=143797

I think it sums up the game quite perfectly.

Best niche game of its niche? Absolutely.

Best game of the generation? Absolutely not.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

PLease stop quoting that 360 fanboy site. Might as well Quote M$.com.

Leetgeek said:
Squilliam said:

PLease stop quoting that 360 fanboy site. Might as well Quote M$.com.

Ok, my personal opinion is that Genji 2 was a better game. I just loved how much more realistic it was than MGS4.

Tease.

I wonder, had this game been released on any console other than the PS3 would half the people be so in love with it? Maybe I'm just being flippant though. Also I'm curious what the age and gaming experience of the average person in love with this game is. It seems more people here are measuring the value of a game by its spectacle rather than its gameplay.

Onimusha12 said:
I wonder, had this game been released on any console other than the PS3 would half the people be so in love with it? Maybe I'm just being flippant though. Also I'm curious what the age and gaming experience of the average person in love with this game is. It seems more people here are measuring the value of a game by its spectacle rather than its gameplay.

You know its kinda funny, but I would call Wii Sports game of the generation. I don't apreciate the Wii anywhere nearly as much as my PC or my Xbox360 but still... its the game that defines this generation.

Tease.

Around the Network

awesome game.

who gives a shit what the people that dont have it on their console say?

technically it was stunning.
seamless cutscene to gameplay, everything rendered in real time. amazing graphics, sound, and effects. and some parts of the game were very passionate.

if you dont like the game dont play it,
ive beaten halo3, call of duty 4, bioshock, uncharted, r&c, and no game has given me what mgs4 has.

by saying its the best game ever made you are just stating your opinion, because the 360 fans are quickly jumping and giving reviews from websites like little girls is because they cant take it that the game is not on their console. why else would they do it if they didnt care?

MGS4 was a day one purchase for me and I still haven't bothered playing it past act 1. Seriously I get much more enjoyment out of Pixeljunk monsters co-op than MGS4 and the same goes for GTA4 I played that for 2 hours over 3 sittings and that game bored the living shit out of me, same goes for DMC4 and AC. To be completely honest I've gone back and completed Lair again rather than play MGS4, GTA4, DMC4 and AC.

it's the greatest PS3 game this generation. That excludes other consoles.

Then this generation has been shit for gameplay. I guess spectacle and flash are the most important criteria for today's gamer.

^ Oh c'mon, it's not about being flashy and everything, it's about being the game every single MGS fan was waiting for! It is the conclusion to one of the best series ever created!

Now, I've noticed around 10 people here say they've enjoyed other games this generation, but they didn't even play a single Metal Gear game before! How can you form a constructive opinion without even playing the other games that made this last one the definite version of what a Metal Gear game should be?

Whatever, it seems like not a lot of people appreciate japanese refinement anymore (other than Super Mario Galaxy, which is the definite version of what a Mario game should be, but then again, only around 3 people mentioned it). I guess it really comes to preferences then... Or pure fanboyism.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!