By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales in France (Ioi, check this)

According to this site:

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/166949/20070627-High-Tech-La-Wii-dope-le-marche-des-jeux.php

700.000 Wii have been sold in France.

Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers? 

P.s. to all the people complaining that this site privileges Nintendo: Ioi is underestimating Wii sales in France by more than 200.000 and overestimating PSP sales in Italy (official Sony data: 650.000 sell in at the end of may)

Around the Network

If true, that is another 200k Wii units sold WW. Which makes it one less week to catching up to the 360 ;)

It would also be getting rather close to that 9m sold figure (and close to triple the WW sales of the PS3!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

the source seems to be Emmanuel Arbey, director of Digital Electronique Accessoire (whatever that is). and the article is poorly written because it says:

"S'il est «trop tôt» pour donner des chiffres, il avoue que Nintendo a «réussi à amener vers le jeu des gens qui n'auraient jamais acheté de consoles». Au total 700.000 Wii se sont vendues en France."

" If it's too soon to give out numbers, he admits that nintendo has managed to bring to video games people who would have never bought home console". In total, 7000 000 Wii have been sold in France."

20 Minutes is an equivalent of Metro, a free newspaper handed out in the subway, and it is talking about the IDEF (International digital entertainment festival) in Cannes, France

well first of all, this is just one source and I don't even know if it is a Nintendo spokes man, but as long as we don't get any "hard info" I think we should pass updating the numbers.

Other than that were is the usual PS3 crowd that screams that ioi is overtracking the Wii and undertracking PS3?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

OK this is old news. Secondly ioi will update this site when he updates it. There sin't a need for a thread every time a press release comes out saying "h the numbers here are wrong you need to update." Ioi uses his own tracking system and if he overstatemates one here he will more than likely under estimate another.

Lastly a few hundred k here and there might make a small difference but in terms of actual important market share it won't make a diference. trending is far more important.

So while I was joking in the last thread can we bring an end to the fix the number threads. Please.

Around the Network
redspear said:
OK this is old news. Secondly ioi will update this site when he updates it. There sin't a need for a thread every time a press release comes out saying "h the numbers here are wrong you need to update." Ioi uses his own tracking system and if he overstatemates one here he will more than likely under estimate another.

Lastly a few hundred k here and there might make a small difference but in terms of actual important market share it won't make a diference. trending is far more important.

So while I was joking in the last thread can we bring an end to the fix the number threads. Please.

i totally agree....its getting freakin old...everytime i refresh the page i see something like ps3 is outselling in austrila or for this trash france just sold 700,000 wii...come on if ioi didnt get the information then it wasnt true...and this source is old and i think he only put this up because he saw "sold" and "700,000 Wii"!!!!!

Tetsuya said:
redspear said:

i totally agree....its getting freakin old...everytime i refresh the page i see something like ps3 is outselling in austrila or for this trash france just sold 700,000 wii...come on if ioi didnt get the information then it wasnt true...and this source is old and i think he only put this up because he saw "sold" and "700,000 Wii"!!!!!

well it MAY be true but it is not certainly true and definitely not from one or two articles. Ioi does not have all the info however if he is reasonably accurate than it will kind of wash out in WW numbers high in one spot low in another.

Plus Wii fans don't have to stoop to this to show amazing sales figures.

Can we cut it out with opening of these kind of threads once and for all, please! It's really getting on my nerves.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Yea, especially since I already posted it on this site 12 hours ago :0P

Elendil said:

According to this site:

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/166949/20070627-High-Tech-La-Wii-dope-le-marche-des-jeux.php

700.000 Wii have been sold in France.

Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?

P.s. to all the people complaining that this site privileges Nintendo: Ioi is underestimating Wii sales in France by more than 200.000 and overestimating PSP sales in Italy (official Sony data: 650.000 sell in at the end of may)

Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?Perhaps VGchartz should correct their numbers?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, STOP IT

im starting te become emo =( 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!