By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Deca Sports ships 700k World Wide

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS142553+05-Aug-2008+BW20080805

Looks like VGChartz is pretty spot on with 540k sold to date.

stock levels world wide would be something like
60k NA
60k EU
40k JP

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

That is just scary.
It is a pretty poor game.

Mike from Morgantown

One of the 540,000

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Ripping off the cover of Wii Sports does wonders apparently.

Or in Game Party's case, ripping of the PAL version of Wii Play's case.

I just wonder if the continued success of these sub-par games will ultimately spell trouble for Wii as the more casual gamer gets frustrated with continual crap and stops supporting the system. Did wonders for Atari...

Gamerace said:
I just wonder if the continued success of these sub-par games will ultimately spell trouble for Wii as the more casual gamer gets frustrated with continual crap and stops supporting the system. Did wonders for Atari...

Hardly, Deca Sporta was a hit in Japan.  In America, the game goes for under $30 and Game Party goes for under $20.  These games are priced as very budget games and that is what they are.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

With the Atari crash, you had the major games of two consecutive holiday seasons from Atari themselves being absolute duds. Not "I guess kids could have fun with that" duds like Wii Music, but "this is practically unplayable" duds like Pac-Man and E.T. I think we can stop invoking the Atari crash.

It IS pretty amazing that Carnival Games, Game Party, Deca Sports and Big Beach Sports look like they're ALL going to sell 1M copies. And Sports Party and Game Party 2 could too. And MP8 and M&S are both going to sell 6M+. But if companies assume that the demands of this new audience aren't going to increase, flooding the new low-end market instead of building the new high-end, their sales are going to drop dramatically. Games like Wii Fit and Mario Kart, and next year, Wii Sports Resort, which expand on the values of Wii Sports and Play instead of just echoing them, are and will be many times more successful.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Gamerace said:

Your looking at it from a bias perspective.  Wii Sports and Wii Play aren't the best games ever.  But the mainstream gamers love them because they are easy to pick up and play and are fun to them.  Deca Sports and Game Party are the exact same way.  Our hardcore reviewers rate them shallowly but the mainstream thinks they are the best games ever which is why they buy them.  That and of course brand.  I doubt they are dissappointed.

I never thought the deca sports game looked bad, it looked and played pretty good from what i saw, and at a bargin bin price i don't see how casual gamers or parents looking for games for their young kids could go wrong. But its just a matter of time before this bubble bursts and developers should whore it out as long as possible.

As long as theres still plenty of decent titles arriving, already out and on the horizon I dont mind ignoring this rubbish. This stuff comes from being the leading system on the market.

Gamerace said:

heres teh catch there, we all still talk of teh atari as if it were a god send so eh?