By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

i think RE4 is the testbed for capcom to see how remakes sells. expect more remakes soon :) i wouldn't mind some phoenix wright remake on Wii with lots of extras added. imagine free movement for phoenix wright searching for clues.

Around the Network
shams said:
omgwtfbbq said:
well today it comes out here in Australia. Which means there will be at least one more copy sold =D

I think you can make that 4 ;)

Two of my friends (and myself) will also be picking up the title - although I may not grab it for a couple of days.

If RE4 can ship 450k in the first 2-3 weeks on sale, I'll be surprised if it doesn't reach 1m shipped within 6 months on sale.

Remember that it IS a budget title, and this greatly changes the purchasing behaviour of gamers. In fact, I'll be surprised if it doesn't SELL 1m copies by Jan '08.

make that three.

I went to purchase it today, but imagine my shock when I discovered that it cost $80.

I dislike being ripped off and I am very disappointed in Nintendo (once again). It's like they're trying to convince me to chip my Wii. (If only they had Wii homebrew, I would have done it already)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
shams said:
omgwtfbbq said:
well today it comes out here in Australia. Which means there will be at least one more copy sold =D

Two of my friends (and myself) will also be picking up the title - although I may not grab it for a couple of days.

If RE4 can ship 450k in the first 2-3 weeks on sale, I'll be surprised if it doesn't reach 1m shipped within 6 months on sale.

Remember that it IS a budget title, and this greatly changes the purchasing behaviour of gamers. In fact, I'll be surprised if it doesn't SELL 1m copies by Jan '08.

make that three.

I went to purchase it today, but imagine my shock when I discovered that it cost $80.

I dislike being ripped off and I am very disappointed in Nintendo (once again). It's like they're trying to convince me to chip my Wii. (If only they had Wii homebrew, I would have done it already)

Wow, that's terrible. What is Nintendo thinking

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Yeah, it's almost at full price in europe too €40 (€10 less than Strikers) or £40 (same as Strikers). I chose Strikers because it seems to be the cheapest non-budget Wii game.

I ended up buying Strikers "in protest" because of that. Now I'm disappointed at Strikers and online. Oh well....

@omgwtfbbq, it is possible that a Wii Freeloader is not too distant, I'd wait for that.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
omgwtfbbq said:
shams said:
omgwtfbbq said:

make that three.

Eeek. You didn't try to buy it at EB did you??

I was worried this would happen. I'm not spending $80 on it - full priced Wii titles are $80 these days (most anyway).

If you wait a week or so, it should come down. I won't spend more than $59 on it (max). I'd like to see it for $49, but I doubt that will happen.

And don't blame Nintendo - its the fault of the distributor/retailer. (although I do wish the Wii titles were region free... I would be SO happy... :P).

Just wait...

PS - its selling for $29 in the US. At our current exchange rate, and with GST 10% - it should retail for $39AU.

So I don't think selling it for $49 is unreasonable - and $59 as an upper limit. You can get 3 PS2 titles for $55AU, and I picked up Dragon Quest 8 (PS2) for $23 on the weekend.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
KruzeS said:

Yeah, it's almost at full price in europe too €40 (€10 less than Strikers) or £40 (same as Strikers). I chose Strikers because it seems to be the cheapest non-budget Wii game.

I ended up buying Strikers "in protest" because of that. Now I'm disappointed at Strikers and online. Oh well....

@omgwtfbbq, it is possible that a Wii Freeloader is not too distant, I'd wait for that.

The more time I am putting into Strikers, the more I am enjoying it. Now having regular battles against my housemate, he is starting to kick my butt... :(

Online can be pretty harsh unless you have "trained up", and know most of the "exploits"... 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Wow... it really sucks to be a gamer outside the States doesn't it? Why do game companies screw over Europe so bad?

It's not the companies. It's your damn European taxes that cause it to be so high over there. NOt NIntendo's fault. Blame your governments.

Zucas said:
It's not the companies. It's your damn European taxes that cause it to be so high over there. NOt NIntendo's fault. Blame your governments.
sorry, but we're not in Europe. a 10% GST does not give an excuse for a 100% markup

shams said:
omgwtfbbq said:
shams said:
omgwtfbbq said:

make that three.

Eeek. You didn't try to buy it at EB did you??

I was worried this would happen. I'm not spending $80 on it - full priced Wii titles are $80 these days (most anyway).

If you wait a week or so, it should come down. I won't spend more than $59 on it (max). I'd like to see it for $49, but I doubt that will happen.

And don't blame Nintendo - its the fault of the distributor/retailer. (although I do wish the Wii titles were region free... I would be SO happy... :P).

Just wait...

PS - its selling for $29 in the US. At our current exchange rate, and with GST 10% - it should retail for $39AU.

So I don't think selling it for $49 is unreasonable - and $59 as an upper limit. You can get 3 PS2 titles for $55AU, and I picked up Dragon Quest 8 (PS2) for $23 on the weekend.

I tried EB, KMart, Harvey Norman, Myer. All had it for $80.

I think EB might discount it soon, they have an absolutely enormous sale on right now (as opposed to their usual state of sale, where they just have sale signs everywhere, this time they are actually discounting stuff). They have discounted relatively recent games and I have high hopes that they will drop the price to $60, which will at least be the same % drop from full price games as in the US.