By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

Could be Wii's 4th 3rd party million seller (after Tiger Woods 07-soon).

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
 Ähh, hum? 1 Million Tiger Woods on Wii. Sounds a bit high, don't you think? 

Just_Ben said:
routsounmanman said:

~400k in US and still top in EU I think it's achievable until end of 2007.

routsounmanman said:
Just_Ben said:
routsounmanman said:

if '08 wasn't out, maybe. But I would expect '07 sales to drop dramatically...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

This game *deserves* to sell so much. It took a lot of heat early on for being a "cash out" but that couldn't be further from the truth. If you haven't bought it, go pick it up for your Wii -- even if you played and finished it on your Cube. The controls are so much better it is just silly mad fun. I'm just about done with it (again) and enjoying every minute of it.

Hopefully this will encourage other capcom titles and other "rails" and "near rails" shooters to take a serious look at the console.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
kn said:
This game *deserves* to sell so much. It took a lot of heat early on for being a "cash out" but that couldn't be further from the truth. If you haven't bought it, go pick it up for your Wii -- even if you played and finished it on your Cube. The controls are so much better it is just silly mad fun. I'm just about done with it (again) and enjoying every minute of it.

Hopefully this will encourage other capcom titles and other "rails" and "near rails" shooters to take a serious look at the console.

Well, I would say it's a cash-in title done RIGHT:  Capcom is one of the few companies that bothered to do a PROPER Wii port instead of a CRAPPY Wii port. 

It did help that RE4 is so good it stacks up decently to games 3 years younger.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

omgwtfbbq said:
routsounmanman said:
Just_Ben said:
routsounmanman said:

Yep TW07 cant reach a million sold now. TW08 for Wii launched, and now in the EU regions TW07 and TW08 are both on the charts at the same time. Of course 08 is higher, but TW07 is still there for Wii while the other consoles versions of TW07 died long ago. People deciding to grab 08 over 07 on the Wii will keep TW07 from reaching a million. Thats EA's fault for releasing 07 for the Wii so damn late. 

Yep TW07 cant reach a million sold now. TW08 for Wii launched, and now in the EU regions TW07 and TW08 are both on the charts at the same time. Of course 08 is higher, but TW07 is still there for Wii while the other consoles versions of TW07 died long ago. People deciding to grab 08 over 07 on the Wii will keep TW07 from reaching a million. Thats EA's fault for releasing 07 for the Wii so damn late.

Maybe they will lower the price for the old version. I've seen it with Madden, '07 is at 399 SEK, '08 at 579 SEK.

Xyrax said:
omgwtfbbq said:
routsounmanman said:
Just_Ben said:
routsounmanman said:

hopefully either super swing golf or we love golf are good games and sell well, let EA know that we will pay for a good golf game for Wii

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!