By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's hailing pretty often where I am... and a few minutes later, it gets sunny. Same thing repeats a lot... hail, sun, hail, sun...

Around the Network

Global Warming....

ZZetaAlec said:
Tispower, where in the UK do you live? did you get flooded or miss them?
I live in Bristol so we didn't get any major floods (well my garage got flooded but it's a crappy garage) but the River Avon was at the highest i think i've ever seen it and looked like it was on the brink of bursting its banks.

I live in the Guildford area (kinda south-east of Southhampton), and the closest we got to flooding, was about 10 minutes of absolutely torrential rain, which was very weird, and then it stopped, although some managed to get through our back door, but it always does when it rains hard. But I feel sorry for those people, especially as most of the country hasn't had to deal with this kinda stuff. Talking about the country dealing with stuff, our new Prime-Minister has had to deal with attempted terrorist attacks within hours of taking up his position! And the irony that one of the cars got towed away for being illegally parked , man this country has had a few weird days.

@HappySqurriel, you telling me torrential floods in the middle of Summer isn't in the slightest abnormal!

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Tispower said:

@HappySqurriel, you telling me torrential floods in the middle of Summer isn't in the slightest abnormal!

It may be abnormal, but abnormal is normal ...

You have 12 months in the year and if you only consider 4 weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, dry) then you have 48 combinations of months and weather conditions. This means that it would be unusual not to have one month in the year that had a 50 year hot/cold/wet/dry spell ...

When you have hundreds of regions I certainly expect that at least one region should have torrential floods in the middle of Summer ...

I would be far more worried if I wasn't hearing about "abnormal" weather paterns because it would imply that everything was "normal" ... everything should never be normal in a chaotic system.

HappySqurriel said:
Tispower said:

It may be abnormal, but abnormal is normal ...

You have 12 months in the year and if you only consider 4 weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, dry) then you have 48 combinations of months and weather conditions. This means that it would be unusual not to have one month in the year that had a 50 year hot/cold/wet/dry spell ...

When you have hundreds of regions I certainly expect that at least one region should have torrential floods in the middle of Summer ...

I would be far more worried if I wasn't hearing about "abnormal" weather paterns because it would imply that everything was "normal" ... everything should never be normal in a chaotic system.

It doesn't seem like it's only one region though, from the sounds of it, many other people are having rain in the middle of summer.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

Nope. hot and dry as hell in tucson, same as every June/July.

In Calgary we had some nice flooding, which has happened before but is rare. I think it was the worst one in recent history. Plus we're supposed to get a tornado tonight, and I think it's the first one I've had here since I moved here 15 years ago.

But nothing exceptional.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Global Warming rears its ugly head....

I blame wiiconnect24!!

It's always on and contributing to global warming!!

I'm in London and we have escaped the worst of the rain but is has been cool and cloudy. It's natures way of paying us back for the record setting warmth and dryness of April.
The jet stream that steers weather systems is further south than it normally is and systems that would normally go further north are slamming into us. More rain coming. Batten down the hatches.

Another reason for all the rain could just be because it's Wimbledon tennis season.