By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PES 2009 for Wii will still launch after everyone else.

Source

Konami Digital Entertainment today announced plans to bring the latest installment in the Pro Evolution Soccer series, PES 2009, to mobiles and the Nintendo Wii.

The former is expected to launch alongside the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions this Autumn. It promises to refine PES 2008's “one-button control scheme” as well as include new blue tooth multiplayer and enhanced AI.

The latter is scheduled to launch in Spring 2009 and aims to build on the control system of its predecessors while including a new, more sophisticated AI system that should result in more “intuitive movement from team mates.”

You would think with all of the effort put into the Wii version last year they would be better able to make a simultanious launch this year. Seems kinda stupid to me.

Around the Network

=D

Perhaps they waited until development of the Wii version (PES 2008) was completed before starting on PES 2009.

Heh, konami screwing us over again...

arsenal009 said:

Heh, konami screwing us over again...

Nah, Konami is still supporting the Wii in a decent way. Just look at Gradius Rebirth!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Perhaps they waited until development of the Wii version (PES 2008) was completed before starting on PES 2009.

This is probably the reason. As it is, they have less than a year to get a new game developed. To cut it down to like 6 months is a bit rediculous. This is probably the soonest the team can finish PES 2009. Obviously a different team is working on the Wii version, than the 360 and PS3 version.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@SHMUPGurus
is that a port or a new game?

@Onyxmeth
so ur saying this is going to happen year in year out?

MontanaHatchet said:

I'm not quite familliar with the PES series........are there huge changes from year to year?

@Onxymeth - Tigerwoods was in the same boat and EA DID come out with '08 a few scant months after '07 came out. It seemed a little silly at the time but now '09 is coming out with all the other versions. So it could be and probably should be done.

You're all absolutely right, but something needs to give to get it out in a reasonable time. Either Konami bulks up the Wii team considerably to pump it out in 6 months, they could make a crappy port with the same team in 6 months or with few changes, or they could skip a year. All I meant to say is, I don't think they're trying to screw Wii owners. I just think this is the best they can do right now. Regarding EA, they're a much bigger publisher with many more teams. Konami may not have the extra man power to bring the PES franchise out in that little of time.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.