By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (6/28)

Super Robot Wars OG (PS2) : more than 210k (more than 70% of first shipment 300k)

(From Official Blog : about 250k?)

Ratchet + Clank 5 (PSP) : about 20k

Tales of Fandom (PS2) : about 35k

Donkey Kong Jet (Wii) : about 10k

Home Tutor Hitman Reborn! (DS) : about 10k

Kawa no Nushi-Duri (DS) : about 10k

Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) : about 5k

Baroque (PS2) : about 5k

Neon Genesis Evangelion Battle Orchestra (PS2) : about 5k

Source : http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3) : about 5k

ouch..that gotta hurt..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It looks like Sony may have pretty good week software wise in Japan. Super Robot Wars OG, Ratchet & Clank 5, and Tales of Fandom should all be in the top ten based on their first day sales.

err, isn't dragon quest swords coming out this week? i think that one might be on top actually

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
err, isn't dragon quest swords coming out this week? i think that one might be on top actually

DQS releases at 7/12. 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

Around the Network

ps2 is still ticking... pretty amazing actually.

the japanese still love the mechas

Thanks for the data. Japanese never lose their love of mechas hehe. I'm really interested to see how DQ:S will do when it launches.

Yes, 12 July for DQS! Will be my 20th WII game ehe... One of my most anticipated games for the WII so far, together with Dewy, Mario Galaxy and Treasure Island Z :) And Gundam looks like a great game as well, I'm almost for sure I'll be picking that one up.

Donkey Kong dissappoints me with sales :( Looking forward to see how the game plays. Got myself a version of Hajime no Ippo as well :D

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

DK race hasn't impressed me in any form so far. It screams "quick GC->Wii port", and it will probably sell like one.

Will be a good week for PS2 - have to wonder how Zelda will sell in week#2. Going to be really interesting.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099