By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How hard is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link?

SHMUPGurus said:
^ So, are you enjoying this 8-bit classic? I consider it harder than Zelda II actually, lol! =P

Its ok. I just really wanted something to pick up and play and thats perfect. Something I wouldnt have to load.

Im more of a new generation gamer. If i didnt play the 2D game when it came out im not interested or gonna consider it.

I prefer 3D and am scared that more devolopers will take that retro style game. Megaman 9 for example. I was excited then realized wtf!?

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
^ So, are you enjoying this 8-bit classic? I consider it harder than Zelda II actually, lol! =P

Its ok. I just really wanted something to pick up and play and thats perfect. Something I wouldnt have to load.

Im more of a new generation gamer. If i didnt play the 2D game when it came out im not interested or gonna consider it.

I prefer 3D and am scared that more devolopers will take that retro style game. Megaman 9 for example. I was excited then realized wtf!?

Well, you shouldn't be scared to try out some old games. At least your video game knowledge is just going to get bigger that way. If you play enough retro games, you might just find the charm in Mega Man 9. There's just something special in playing these kind of games now, especially when the game industry is filled with dark and gritty looking games. There's just nothing as fun as getting your ass kicked by a little 8-bit boss now!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Zelda II is awesome. I beat this game years before i knew the internet went public. I even remember drawing out the temples for easy access, as you do have to start from the beginning every time you get a game over. I had some elaborate sketches going on...

You should definitely try it out. Wouldn't be the worst 5 dollar purchase you ever made. :P

**EDIT**: Which Mario game are you considering? If it's SMB: lost worlds, please disregard everything i just wrote and buy it ASAP.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

SHMUPGurus said:
Valkyria00 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Well, you shouldn't be scared to try out some old games. At least your video game knowledge is just going to get bigger that way. If you play enough retro games, you might just find the charm in Mega Man 9. There's just something special in playing these kind of games now, especially when the game industry is filled with dark and gritty looking games. There's just nothing as fun as getting your ass kicked by a little 8-bit boss now!

Im not. Its just Ive tried and theyre boring if I havent played them. I love SMW Mortal Kombat one of the megam man games lol. I dont remeber which one.

When I play old games that are new to me I get bored easily theyre not fun.

I want 3D games basically unless its on a handheld. Plus handhelds games can be 2D but look better and allows more freedom than on old games.

@oxford-gamer
Lol its the original NES one. I was gonna buy lost worlds but it was 600 or 700 points I only had 500

Valkyria00 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Wait... You were actually excited about MegaMan 9 when you thought it was going to be just another 3D megaman?

Really?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

People liked zelda 2 oh god I hated it on when I got my collectors edition

stof said:
Valkyria00 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Wait... You were actually excited about MegaMan 9 when you thought it was going to be just another 3D megaman?

Really?

Well I didnt know what to expect. I just heard Megaman 9 and WiiWare. So i just thought WIN.

but then I heard 2D.....then 8bit.....then saw gameplay. Im not a retro gamer at all. I want games that can onle be made in 2008 not games that can be made in the 80's.

Also any games can be in 3D. They just have to find someone to do it right. Megaman can be a badd ass 3D if its done right just like any other game.

I just cant with peoples opinion that game should stay 2D like castlevania or even megaman