By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever begged your parents to buy you a game and felt bad about it?

Avalach21 said:
is that US dollars?? 89.99 in the early 90's?? That's how much Genesis games cost??

Virtua Racing (w/ SVP chip to handle the polys) and Phantasy Star IV both ran $90 (I think VR actually started at $100, but dont quote me on that--it's been a while). FF3 (what is now know as VI) was $74.99, and the average SNES game ran $59.99 (Genesis was $49.99). There's also, of course, Neo-Geo games which ran $200 (and up) for each cart, so $90 for PSIV was actually a steal ;)

Unfortunately, I was too old by the time any of these games came out to beg a parent for them ;)

Around the Network

I think my parents bought me Harvest Moon 64 for like $35... I don't regret it at all, its one of my favoitre gaes ever. What I DO regret is turning down my parents offer to buy me Diddy Kong Racing.

I felt bad for your mom after having read your post :S

and lol, i haven't asked my parents to buy me something in like, forever. I think the last game i got from them must have been F-zero GX. and luckily games don't cost around 90 bucks nowadays (xept RockBand, Wii fit, Guitar hero, etc. etc.)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the best Zelda title ever made.

"The Person Who Got the Closest to Winning the 1st VGC VC Giveaway, but still lost"

This is why developers used disk based mediums for their games instead of cartriges which is why games too day are cheaper than they were 20 years ago

@Avalach21 - It was the first-ever 6-megabit game cartridge back then and it came with a complete guide.

@fuegonian - Don't worry, I spoil her now. Bought her a $2000 TV for her birthday, $2000 gazebo on mothers day. When things break down I buy it for her: new lawnmower, new washing machine.

@Sicilian. - I wanted to, but this game was the only reason why I wanted a Genesis.

@Avalach21 - It was amazing. It blew Final Fantasy away. I loved the whole atmosphere of the game. First game that made me cry.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

i had my grandma buy me a ps2 when they came out,i think i was 12 then,but i felt horrible for a second...but it was a ps2.this was back when no one had one

Yeah I asked my mom to buy me Leisure Suit Larry. I had to explain it to her before she would buy it for me. Embarassing it was, yes.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

All the time.