By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Very Unhappy PS3 Owner

So, my cousin got a PS3 back in January (despite owing me $300 for over a year).  Since then, he's bought about 8 games.  He's not online.  Anyway, I got my PS3 in June.  I tell him about the PS Store and about my console updates.  He get's the bright idea that he can bring his 40 gig (LOL, I got an 80gig!) Playstation to my house, hook it up to the internet, and update his console so he can use his recently purchased Dual Shock 3 with his older games.

So, the plan works.  I spend about an hour updating his console, and his older games.  He goes home, and hooks his PS3 up.  No picture.  So he calls me back.  "Hey cousin, what'd you do to my PS3?"  I tell him I adjusted the settings.  I set it up for an HDTV, because SD sucks balls.  I tell him to wait until I get off work (two hours from now) and I'll set his PS3 up the way he had it.

The sunnova bitch calls Sony and tells them that he can't see anything.  They tell him to hold some button down, and everything will be back to normal.  He calls me back.  Turns out, all of his game saves, downloads (we downloaded some wallpapers) and even the updates we did today are gone!!  He is so pissed at me!!

Around the Network

....that sucks.

^_^

How old is your cousin?? No offense or anything, but from the way you described him, he sounds like an immature brat...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Sucks to be him. Anyway, I see no correlation between the HD settings and the dl'ed stuff. Flashed maybe? Why did the updates take so long?

wow, he should've waited for you, its completely his fault

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

It shouldn't have, I have done something similar to that before...

weird...

Holding the power button does NOT do that.

No offence but is your cousin pretty technologically dumb?

He could have went threw the settings and restored the HDD trying to set the PS3 to default settings.

I've done this a couple of times before and it didn't erase anything? That's some rotten luck.

d21lewis said:

The sunnova bitch calls Sony and tells them that he can't see anything.  They tell him to hold some button down, and everything will be back to normal

Well that is how you do it.  You hold down the reset button (while in standby) till you hear 2 beeps.  Resets your video settings, and shouldn't do anything to the HDD.

LOL!

Tease.