Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Kasz216 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Kasz216 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Kasz216 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
^Many of them still have ps2 and are'nt at 7th generation yet...

True, though of those who have moved up, i'd say more have Wiis.

As for the rest, they're mainstream and late adopters... they tend to follow the same trends as the early adopters, it just takes them longer to adopt for various reasons.

Consumer Psychology wise it shouldn't change much and the numbers should just grow more in Wii's favor.

I would'nt excatly say that as I'm sure a large chunk of Wii owners are new to the gaming environment.

Wii has more then doubled PS2 currently. Even with a humongus chunk it should be the case... or close to it... and going to be the case.

It will eventually stop because unlike sonys ps2 it doesn't attract all audiences. Such as anolder audience. Sonys ps2 also attracted the movie audience by having a Dvd installed in it. Wii misses somethingswhich the ps2 had. 30million is very far from 140million, and its till to early to say the Wii will win the consolewar forget beating the ps2.

The Wii attracts older audiences fine. It actually attracts a wider audience then the PS2 has. Note how it sells vs the PS2.

The PS3 is the one with the limited audience it would seem. So to try and use that as an arguement FOR the PS3 is silly.

I mean... either you are saying that the "adult" audience is pretty limited considering the Wii is selling better then the PS2 without it.  Making videogames mostly a kids and old persons toy, and that the PS3 and 360 won't be doing well soon, or that it's a large part in the market... which would defeat your arguement since otherwise wii couldn't sell that well.

Could the Wii end up falling short of the PS2? Yeah sure. Any arguement for that currently would not be supported by any reasonable factors though and be a "I hope" situation.

"It actually attracts a wider audience then the PS2 has." What audience has it attracted that the ps2 didn't?

The ps3 keeeps on improving. Its hard to believe it has such a large amount of sales do to the price and lack of games. Can you imagine the sells when the price drops to 300 or below? Dont tell me the price doesn't matter. Last I recallps3 sales went up by 170% in Novemeber(Price drop) . Total sales of 496,000. It shows that money does indeed play a factor in this.  

"Ps3 won't be doing well soon." How can this be true? Their about to release an 80gb for $400. That would probably mean more sales. God of war 3 is coming... Wouldn't that tranlate into sales? You saw what MGS4... Ps3 has the best line up for the year so far and everyone knows it.We have'nt heard any news about kh3 whats so ever. Which gives the ps3  more time to grow a bigger audience.

I'm sure that as soon as the ps3 gets another price drop it will be selling just as well as the Wii if not better.

wat. Yeah right.

Also, for those saying PS2, Nomura already said the last PS2 game he'll make (or SE for that matter) was going to be KH2: FM+. That's out so that means NO MORE PS2 GAMES!

Besides...the game won't be out for a long while so you guys expect them to make it on a really old console...?

but the wii graphic wise its a old console, it wasn't for the controller nintendo would have a hard time selling it,

nintendo promised to please hardcore with third parties with games like red steel, but those games aren't comming

resident evil GTA4 FF alll 3 million + title went HD why kh a MAIN series will be an exception to that rule ?etc etc

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Kasz216 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Kasz216 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Kasz216 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
^Many of them still have ps2 and are'nt at 7th generation yet...

True, though of those who have moved up, i'd say more have Wiis.

As for the rest, they're mainstream and late adopters... they tend to follow the same trends as the early adopters, it just takes them longer to adopt for various reasons.

Consumer Psychology wise it shouldn't change much and the numbers should just grow more in Wii's favor.

I would'nt excatly say that as I'm sure a large chunk of Wii owners are new to the gaming environment.

Wii has more then doubled PS2 currently. Even with a humongus chunk it should be the case... or close to it... and going to be the case.

It will eventually stop because unlike sonys ps2 it doesn't attract all audiences. Such as anolder audience. Sonys ps2 also attracted the movie audience by having a Dvd installed in it. Wii misses somethingswhich the ps2 had. 30million is very far from 140million, and its till to early to say the Wii will win the consolewar forget beating the ps2.

The Wii attracts older audiences fine. It actually attracts a wider audience then the PS2 has. Note how it sells vs the PS2.

The PS3 is the one with the limited audience it would seem. So to try and use that as an arguement FOR the PS3 is silly.

I mean... either you are saying that the "adult" audience is pretty limited considering the Wii is selling better then the PS2 without it.  Making videogames mostly a kids and old persons toy, and that the PS3 and 360 won't be doing well soon, or that it's a large part in the market... which would defeat your arguement since otherwise wii couldn't sell that well.

Could the Wii end up falling short of the PS2? Yeah sure. Any arguement for that currently would not be supported by any reasonable factors though and be a "I hope" situation.

"It actually attracts a wider audience then the PS2 has." What audience has it attracted that the ps2 didn't?

The ps3 keeeps on improving. Its hard to believe it has such a large amount of sales do to the price and lack of games. Can you imagine the sells when the price drops to 300 or below? Dont tell me the price doesn't matter. Last I recallps3 sales went up by 170% in Novemeber(Price drop) . Total sales of 496,000. It shows that money does indeed play a factor in this.  

"Ps3 won't be doing well soon." How can this be true? Their about to release an 80gb for $400. That would probably mean more sales. God of war 3 is coming... Wouldn't that tranlate into sales? You saw what MGS4... Ps3 has the best line up for the year so far and everyone knows it.We have'nt heard any news about kh3 whats so ever. Which gives the ps3  more time to grow a bigger audience.

I'm sure that as soon as the ps3 gets another price drop it will be selling just as well as the Wii if not better.

wat. Yeah right.

Also, for those saying PS2, Nomura already said the last PS2 game he'll make (or SE for that matter) was going to be KH2: FM+. That's out so that means NO MORE PS2 GAMES!

Besides...the game won't be out for a long while so you guys expect them to make it on a really old console...?

but the wii graphic wise its a old console, it wasn't for the controller nintendo would have a hard time selling it,

nintendo promised to please hardcore with third parties with games like red steel, but those games aren't comming

resident evil GTA4 FF alll 3 million + title went HD why kh a MAIN series will be an exception to that rule ?etc etc

Well, if the ps3 didnt have blu-ray, sony would have a hard time selling that too...

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

hahaha this is funny i rekon

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

lapsed_gamer said:
@sc94597

I agree with almost all of the above, but I would guess (just guess) that Blu Ray is helping the PS3. To me the jury is still out on whether the Cell was a successful risk, but Blu Ray has already helped Sony's media side and I think it is now helping their gaming division.

Actually it's the other way around. If it wasn't for PS3.... blu-ray would be firmly behind lazerdisc when it comes to market share at this point in its lifesetyle, instead of being between Laserdisc and DVD (though way behind DVD.)

Obliterator has some nice shifting arguments though, just stop mentioning and try another failed arguement when the last ones points get disproven.

Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
sc94597 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
dtewi said:
Obliterator1700 said:

@sc

Environment: "the circumstances, objects, or conditions by which one is surrounded"

"the complex of physical, chemical, and biotic factors (as climate, soil, and living things) that act upon an organism or an ecological community and ultimately determine its form and survival b: the aggregate of social and cultural conditions that influence the life of an individual or community"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/environment

Correct. Now how does that pose a problem to being able to play the game?

You are confusing gameplay with physics.

I'm not confusing anything its probably you... Have you played Uncharted? If you did you wouldknow that when he swims his clothes get wet. This is forsehadowing that the pysical environment willplay a role in the game, and later on the gameplay.

Sorry but how does my characters clothes getting wet make the game better? I think that is a really shallow addition to gameplay.

How does having another weapon make a game better?

That is a shallow addition as well, but much less so then getting wet. What am I able to do when wet? With a new weapon I could change the focus of my attacks.

When your wet your clothes are hefty compared to your normal clothes. Things like that contribute to a game.Small things like that make the game more realistic.

You have a game with a bunch of personified animals casting spells (Kingdom Hearts) and you're talking about realism?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Dang, it seems like KH is the biggest franchise ever. Discuss all you want, I hope you don't get tired when they announce the game late '09.

After losing FFXIII and FFXIII versus, you better believe they're going to fight tooth and claw over this one, lol.

Onimusha12 said:
After losing FFXIII and FFXIII versus, you better believe they're going to fight tooth and claw over this one, lol.

Last I checked buddy, Versus XIII is still PS3 exclusive.  Your border line trolling.  Quit it.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Onimusha12 said:
Obliterator1700 said:

@sc

Environment: "the circumstances, objects, or conditions by which one is surrounded"

"the complex of physical, chemical, and biotic factors (as climate, soil, and living things) that act upon an organism or an ecological community and ultimately determine its form and survival b: the aggregate of social and cultural conditions that influence the life of an individual or community"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/environment

Funny, KH and KH2 did just fine without the PS3.

By your logic:

Halo 1 and Halo 2 did fine without the 360, so why release Halo 3 on the 360?

FF1-FF6 did fine on Nintendo systems, so why were FF7-FF12 on Sony systems and now FF13 on Sony and MS systems?

Why do people care so much about this announcement? Even if it's true, KH3 will be a Nextbox/ps4 or wii 2/nintendo revolution game. By then, you may be focused on raising kids of your own not playing games.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler