By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Opinion: Square Enix Ripped off Microsoft Hard

Microsoft paid to have Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox 360 no doubt. AT LEAST 50 million dollars. This is why they got ripped off:

1. It's not comming to Japan. They could have actually won Japan (vs. ps3) if it did but it wont so they won't so lol.

2. 360 version will be watered down or have an embarassing number of disks (Rage?).

3. Final Fantasy Versus still PS3 exclusive and it looks better.

Microsoft thank you for helping to pay for the production of this title I will be playing on PS3.

Around the Network

We do not know if MS bought FFXIII... yet but yes MS did get ripped off by S-E

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Troll

So much speculation. Did you have a foreshadowing dream about this?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I think its the drugs... A pity really, he was such a promising Vgchartz member.

Tease.

Around the Network
Ragestash said:

Microsoft paid to have Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox 360 no doubt. AT LEAST 50 million dollars. This is why they got ripped off:

1. It's not comming to Japan. They could have actually won Japan (vs. ps3) if it did but it wont so they won't so lol.

2. 360 version will be watered down or have an embarassing number of disks (Rage?).

3. Final Fantasy Versus still PS3 exclusive and it looks better.

Microsoft thank you for helping to pay for the production of this title I will be playing on PS3.

1) How do you know this?  What if Sony paid SE off to make sure they'd at least hold onto it so they don't lose Japan?  Did that possibility ever cross your mind?

2) I don't think people care all that much about the # of disks.  FF7-9 were on 3-4 disks.

3) Am I right if I said it was FF13v heading to the 360 instead, that you'd claim FF13 (the main series) looks better?

NNN2004 said:
Troll

Your mother?

lol, once again, is changing disks such a big issue? Honestly, I see it as I'm actually advancing into the game. It reminds me of the GOOD RPGs the PS1 had: They all had more than 1 disk!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I don't think there was any payoff. Square-Enix is not quite rolling in the dough, and their games are becoming huge, big budget affairs. They don't want another Final Fantasy: Spirits Within fiasco. With Sony's failure to dominate, and probably refusal to moneyhat as well, they had no choice but to go multiplat to cover development costs.

Sansui said:
I don't think there was any payoff. Square-Enix is not quite rolling in the dough, and their games are becoming huge, big budget affairs. They don't want another Final Fantasy: Spirits Within fiasco. With Sony's failure to dominate, and probably refusal to moneyhat as well, they had no choice but to go multiplat to cover development costs.

They paid bro get real.