By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Using Context Clues to Predict 2

mrstickball said:
For the 360 - Should it really be doing well for a system that's 19 months old and still $400? Not really. Thats why sales have dipped.

Nice way to quote me, I said blockbusters. Only Forza 2 is anywhere close to that sort of assumption, and it did end up increasing sales in Europe for a week or two. Outside of FM2, there have not been any true blockbusters that would indeed entice new buyers to the system(s).

And when I made my statement, I was looking far in to the future to the August and September release schedules of the PS3/360, not just 3 months.

Your numbers, yet again, are way too low for the 360, and most likely for the PS3, if it does get a price drop + MGS4. But who knows, maybe this could indeed be the worst-selling year in history for video games as of late, as your predicting. If your numbers were the case, we'd have just under 20 million consoles sold this year. During the PS2 generation, sale averages were around 25m.

According to NPD, hardware has indeed been up YOY vs. 2006, and is mirrored in Japan as well. Wii has brought new life to the console market there, and will continue to do such.

But again, everything is just a prediction, not fact. And everything is subject to change, even my and your numbers.

All right, all right Mrstickball, I wasn't attacking you personally. I realize my numbers can be off, as shown by my PS3 and XB360 predictions.

You know what? I probably should not have used the quotes to illustrate my point, I just figured if I posted some things said by respected forum members, that it'd carry more weight.

I looked at my numbers time and time again, and I think they are low, personally, I really do. Especially the way the Wii is selling monthly, but I've made them, and I'll stick with them until I revise them later in the year. There's no need to flip-flop quite yet  

Currently playing: Civ 6