By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: Killzone 2 or Gears of War II?

So i should not buy Gears 2 because it has an old engine? It does not have the best graphics of 2008?
Please... I will buy Gears 2 because of the gameplay and story...not graphics... and someone at Nintento said that the graphics don`t matter,we laught and they made millions of dollars.

Around the Network

Both look fantastic

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Both games are amazing

Both games need more color, but are fantastic from a technical standpoint. I would have to go with Gears 2 for now, only because I have played the original to death and know how good that game looks. I'm going to pass HONEST judgment when I am able to get my hands on both.

Just kiss the tip.

Killzone 2 imo.

Around the Network

I feel Gear will be better , Metal Gear Solid

Well i probs could have gottem better pics for both games but i really did try and get images that i knew 100% were in-game. So for gears 2 i would only use images with camera angles that resembles that of Gears 1, pluss nathan had to be in the image.

with Killzone 2 i only used images where you can see his gun and looks like the trailer. however in these images Gears 2 has the upper had because no decent quality in-game images have been released for Killzone 2. only videos have so

Images. Gears 2

Now Killzone 2

Everyone here is only voting by which console they prefer. Their two different games. One is 3rd person and one is First person. You should compare against equal as different styles use different amount of power. Most 3rd person games look decent as your set back from the character and rarely zoom right in. In FPS the main part of the screen is taken up by the weapon which has to have high textures and animation. As for the bloke saying i prefer gears game play so it will be better please explain to me your hands on with Killzone 2 to make such a comparison.

Now lets compare Halo 3 graphics to Killzone 2 graphics as they are both FPS. We can't compare as there is no contest. Judging graphics by textures shows a complete lack of understanding of what makes good graphics. Style, presentation, animation , lighting, feel etc all add up. There is no doubt that Killzone 2 is one of the best looking FPS out there and only an Xbox fanboy would argue otherwise.

Both look great...

QFT. Gears has perfected the details and raytracing like lighting. But I have seen many screenshots of Killzone2 that simply show awesome amounts of detail, particle effects etc. till the horizon.

As of now I prefer the Killzone2 way (more objects and bigger areast but not as perfect )

Killzone2 gow2 is done. killzone2 has some months left.