By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dell Hybrid

Anyone here heard of it? It's a new "green" PC from Dell that uses 70% less power and is 95% recyclable and it's really small (with sleeve: length: 196.5mm, height: 71.5mm, depth: 211.5mm, weight: 2.18kg with stand), so not as small as a macmini but. never thought I'd say this, the design is awesome! If it wasn't of the crappy graphic card in it, I would save up for it (unless someone here knows how to change it)! It's really cheap too (from 500$ in the US and 529$ in Canada).

Here's the site for anyone interested in seeing it: www.dell.com/hybrid

Around the Network

I want one

^_^

who is this machine targeted?

people who wants a small portable computer will go with laptops

people who are hardcore gamers won't want its garbage specs.

and it's not even as good looking as other company's products.

I smell a failure. (note, I'm not a Dell hater, I currently own a XPS laptop and love it)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well design wise it's ok, I could do something better but it's ok.

lolita said:

Anyone here heard of it? It's a new "green" PC from Dell that uses 70% less power and is 95% recyclable and it's really small (with sleeve: length: 196.5mm, height: 71.5mm, depth: 211.5mm, weight: 2.18kg with stand), so not as small as a macmini but. never thought I'd say this, the design is awesome! If it wasn't of the crappy graphic card in it, I would save up for it (unless someone here knows how to change it)! It's really cheap too (from 500$ in the US and 529$ in Canada).

Here's the site for anyone interested in seeing it: www.dell.com/hybrid

Sorry, based on the case size and expects, probably you will not be able to put a videocard...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Wow, i'm so interesting in this one ,safe power ,able to recycle and less power usage. XD

@ kingoffail: There's more types of people in this world, just so you know, and not everyone falls into those 2 categories. This computer's target are people who want a "green" PC that uses less energy, stylish, has some media abilities (Blu-Ray, HDMI, DVI) and can do your everyday tasks.

@ FJ-Warez: Yeah I wasn't sure but that's what I thought... Too bad because otherwise it would be perfect (to me).

I just love cute small computers. It has colour or bamboo (O_o) sleeves... I find it very stylish! The shape is awesome too. I love the fact that it uses less power and it's "green". It doesn't take much space so it's a win!

I wish they could have put in it a better card... I'm not talking about a "Crysis playable" graphics card but something that could handle average 3D games pretty well (like cough*SIMS*cough).

Edit: It can play Sims 2 on medium settings. It has issues on high though. :'( That's the only thing that keeps me from buying this cute PC.

Nice.
Anything and I mean ANYTHING out of retail is better than the piece of shit PC I have now.
I still have a Fat screen and an iPod has more memory than mines. >=\
But....at least its XP.....that counts for something right?:P

looks purty

lolita said:

@ kingoffail: There's more types of people in this world, just so you know, and not everyone falls into those 2 categories. This computer's target are people who want a "green" PC that uses less energy, stylish, has some media abilities (Blu-Ray, HDMI, DVI) and can do your everyday tasks.

@ FJ-Warez: Yeah I wasn't sure but that's what I thought... Too bad because otherwise it would be perfect (to me).

I just love cute small computers. It has colour or bamboo (O_o) sleeves... I find it very stylish! The shape is awesome too. I love the fact that it uses less power and it's "green". It doesn't take much space so it's a win!

I wish they could have put in it a better card... I'm not talking about a "Crysis playable" graphics card but something that could handle average 3D games pretty well (like cough*SIMS*cough).

Edit: It can play Sims 2 on medium settings. It has issues on high though. :'( That's the only thing that keeps me from buying this cute PC.

Is a shame because it is a nice case, good size, and beautiful shape... maybe later they will add a little bit bigger case and put a entry videocard...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."