By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone else noticing a lot of Wiis easily available in stores?

Arcturus said:
redspear said:
Arcturus said:
I'm in eastern Ontario and have noticed that the Wii is consistantly available in most stores (stores from EB to Rogers Video).

No offense Arcturus. You stated that Wiis were easily available in April and that PS3s were supplied constrained than too. While you may be truthful I have no reason to think that is the state of affairs in Canada.

Can you point me to this post? Because I don't remember saying this.

From 'Why does Sony lie?' posted 4/20/07

We don't really have hard evidence that refutes their claim. And when I say hard evidence I don't mean anecdotal evidence like "I went to store X and they have 30 PS3 in stock". There might be some markets where the PS3 is still supply constrained.

Off the top of my head with regards to the supply constraint. I am not really knocking you but I have read posts of yours in the past that have stated about the Wiis being easily available. Also reading farther down I have seen that you conceded the argument later on. there was a post that you stated something to the effect of:

What part of canada are you from?

Also I feel I may have unfairly dug at you and will edit the post we all have a lot of posts and I am now not so certain that I have them all straight.

Around the Network

What I guess is somewhat entertaining is people considering the fact that they are slowly starting to make it into stock (at least in some areas apparently) as a bad thing. It most likely simply means Nintendo has kicked up the shipments a notch (sales sure aren't going down). Which means that when big games hit, system sales will go up even higher. It also means that chances are they will be closer to meeting demand for Christmas, which is certainly much worse for their competitors.

Yeah. With the Wii, people are expecting that, once it does not sell out, it is dead. Also, some people are expecting that, once PS3 begins to sell, the console war is over. Whatever. To each, their own.

I remember when Kwaad used to make his posts about itracker, saying that because the Wii was at 20% national availability (PS3 was at 95%), demand was non-existant. Meaning, people did not want Wii's anymore.

@redspear

Anyway, I will narrow down Puerto Rico to Guaynabo, since you 'heard' that there were plently of them.

DonWii said:

Yeah. With the Wii, people are expecting that, once it does not sell out, it is dead. Also, some people are expecting that, once PS3 begins to sell, the console war is over. Whatever. To each, their own.

@redspear

Anyway, I will narrow down Puerto Rico to Guaynabo, since you 'heard' that there were plently of them.

I personally hope it is starting to stay in stock I really want to replace mine. It would be a good thing too IMO.

DonWii I really don't know what is in stock where(except SFBay area). My point is people always come online and say ohh tons here or there but no real proof.  many of these were the same people who said PS3s were hard to find in March and that there was no proof. The thng is besides seeing them with my own eyes the internet was flooded with pictures. I kinda think when this happens with the Wii there are still enough Sony fans out there to flood pictures and point it out as a bad thing. When this happens I will be more convinced and much less skeptical.

I hae seen one or two in Mexico sporadically (Monterrey city) also in the flea markets (tianguis, pulgas) you can find some of them.
Price is like 380 dollars for a Wii here, so they might not be flying off shelves on day oe but at a constat pace... (360 is 450 dollars for the elite with two games included)

where are you from fazz?

Around the Network
marcus1979 said:
In Australia all consoles are easy to pick up I have noticed.
maybe we get over supplied.

yep we did, cause everyone kept rining NintendoAU asking for wiis, controllers and VC point cards lol.

However for aus we still gettign a steady sale. EB said they average about 15 a week per store.

SO factor in target, kmart, bigW etc.. it ain't doing to bad for the aus market. over 100K sold now which is unbelivable considering that gamecube only sold 150K in its whole lifetime here. 

I haven't seen them in a store recently (Arizona) but I did see Big Foot...

In the last week I have gone to Walmart, EBGames, and two different Targets for various things. I always glance at the Wii sections and still no wii's ins stock.

I am sure there are places where some are available, but, none that I have seen yet.

eatrice -- I'm in Tucson...Nice to see another arizonian.

I saw 2 at toys-r-us last weekend (vancouver), but that's the first and only retail wii sighting I've made since the day they were released. I doubt they lasted to the end of the weekend.

btw, the same TRU was sold out of Wii play - the reason I was actually there. Sold the last copy to the guy in front of me. Picked up 2nd classic controller for some 2 player streetfight fighter action.