By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How many weeks is June NPD?

I figured it was 4, since July 1st was the last Sunday.

Please, someone confirm it for me. I need it because we're going to re-introduce NPD Monthly games, and I need to post that info before I start the game. Thanks!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

5 weeks. March, June, September, and December are always 5-week months. January is a 5-week month every several years, and it completely screws up the system during those years since a lot of fiscal months will actually end a week into the next calendar month.

I thought you had said it was 5 weeks, and were saying that the PS3 would be able to sell 100k because it was longer.

DonWii said:
I thought you had said it was 5 weeks, and were saying that the PS3 would be able to sell 100k because it was longer.

It's going to be really close.  I'd bet that even with 5 weeks it will be below 100k.

TheBigFatJ said:
DonWii said:

It's going to be really close.  I'd bet that even with 5 weeks it will be below 100k.

well after 4 weeks the ps3 is on about 84-85k so its on course for about 105k for the month so it should easily do the 100k this month even with a significant drop

Around the Network

5 weeks, through July 8th, yes it's weird but it's that 5-week January that screws things up for the whole rest of the year. :)

So when does this round of NPD release? July 19th?

Cool, I've learned something new today.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

So how does NPD's timing work? What determines how long a month is, and it's start stop time?