By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long until the Wii becomes the most expensive among the 3?

In Europe and Australia the Wii is more expensive than the cheapest 360 version. Wow if price matters then it would be beating the Wii in sales. I had better go check the sales.

No it still not selling more consoles. Oh well this topic is an interesting question though. Will the Wii continue to sell out and if so then when Sony and MS cut the prices to under $250 then will Nintendo have to follow suit.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

With the price drops here and there for both PS3 and Xbox 360. They are both reaching $300 price point while the Wii remains at $250 since launch.

Do you think the Wii will become the most expensive at some point? When?

I can definitely see the x360 going below the Wii (as it has in some regions already), however I think the PS3 is a different story.  I'm not an expert on the hardware, but I just don't see the price coming down that low any time soon.  Also, Microsoft & Sony are more pressured to make profits (or at least, small losses) on their consoles.  It's possible only if the Wii gets no price cuts until the PS3 is nearing the end of its life.

Hmmm... as crazy as that sounds, it sure isn't impossible.  It'll be a test to how long the Wii can keep its high demand.

god the price argument again, such a redundant argument when people were and still are willing to pay 500 dollars for the wii off ebay and various internet sites cause they're so desperate for the new experience the wii offers.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Let's see, 360 is already 199 and PS3 399(?), so it takes about 2 years for PS3 to go below 249, after SCE is profiting enough with PS3 software. Iwata has stated, that Wii pricecuts are not to be expected before 2011, but once the demand goes down a little, price propably drop, since the new price creates new demand and even with the new price, Nintendo is able to make good profit with the hardware.

So i'd say that Wii keeps its current position as the second cheapest console, since PS3 will be discontinued before hitting below Wiis price. And before Wii hitting below 360 price, 360 will be discontinued.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

blink182 said:
god the price argument again, such a redundant argument when people were and still are willing to pay 500 dollars for the wii off ebay and various internet sites cause they're so desperate for the new experience the wii offers.

People just gone completely off topic. The OP mentioned nothing of the "price argument" and what people are willing to pay for.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
blink182 said:

People just gone completely off topic. The OP mentioned nothing of the "price argument" and what people are willing to pay for.

It's gone off topic because the question ( How long until the Wii becomes the most expensive among the 3? ) was stated as a given. 

It's not going to happen, the PS3 will not be cheaper than the Wii; unless it goes the way of the Dreamcast which is very (VERY) unlikely.

This whole thread is baseless so it goes off topic.

Galaki said:

With the price drops here and there for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

There haven't really been any permanent price cuts, recently.

They are both reaching $300 price point while the Wii remains at $250 since launch.

The PS3 is still $400/$500 and has been for a year.

Do you think the Wii will become the most expensive at some point? When?

Sorry Galaki, I didn't mean this as a personal attack.  I usually like your threads, and you have good taste in games (I love TWEWY, and I love you, too.  Guy love. It's not gay.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Galaki said:
Oyvoyvoyv edited this quote bubble to:
Oyvoyvoyv's post is fully and completely a joke. 

Well, it should have. Can't you see that's what people found most interesting?

You're just like Nintendo. So greedy you can't let the people get what they want!

Why, oh why can't you be more like Sony?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

umm... never ?

One of the Wii's biggest selling points is it's affordability, i'd like to see the Wii sell as well as it does with a PS3 launch price.

Galaki said:
blink182 said:

Nobody went off topic, your question was how long before wii becomes most expensive.  Now the price argument addresses just that if the price is what is selling the Wii then most likely Ninty will drop it if the other systems drop below the Wii.  But if price is not an issue then there is no reason to drop the price and it will happen sooner.

Million said:
umm... never ?

One of the Wii's biggest selling points is it's affordability, i'd like to see the Wii sell as well as it does with a PS3 launch price.

That wasn't the question. 400 dollar Wii would mess things up.

But would a 250 dollar Ps3 sell like the Wii?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS