By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Report: Japense Developer Support: Nintendo is Up---Sony is Down

SE has actually 3 confirmed projects

FFXIII
FFXII Versus
Last Remnant

I would bet that theyll make the KH game based on the origins of the keyblade there, maybe multiplat with 360, but that will be out in 09 probably. But obviously, the KH after Sora receivces Mickey letter will be on Wii, if it gets made. Too much money to be made. Girls go crazy for that franchise, even if its only to travel through Disneyland.

SOIV is really a mystery, it can be for any platform.

And we know nothing of the FF MMO right now, so don`t count that.

Around the Network
diegomoroco777 said:
SE has actually 3 confirmed projects

FFXIII
FFXII Versus
Last Remnant

I would bet that theyll make the KH game based on the origins of the keyblade there, maybe multiplat with 360, but that will be out in 09 probably. But obviously, the KH after Sora receivces Mickey letter will be on Wii, if it gets made. Too much money to be made. Girls go crazy for that franchise, even if its only to travel through Disneyland.

SOIV is really a mystery, it can be for any platform.

And we know nothing of the FF MMO right now, so don`t count that.

I still thinks the Wii will see KH. and I know Remnant is but what about Versus being multi?

I agree, KH seems like a perfect fit for the Wii. I expect the next game in the series to go there.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Same here. Definately a spin-off one, as well.

Uma said:
WiiGirl76 said:
Eh ... but Square Enix is already developing for the PS3, so what in earth are they talking about??!! So does that mean they've stopped developing FFXIII? In that case.. drop it on the WII then :P Sorry couldn't stop myself of saying that.

Konami has developed Elebits and their next game releases in July, Dewy's Adventure. I have high expectations of that game, hopefully they won't let me down :P

It means they won't be starting any new project for the PS3, the ones that are already in development won't be cancelled or anything

Wow, that's sad, I'll never get any new Sqeenix games on my PS3 after FFXIII and Last Remnant.... yeah, ok

Didn't we do this thread once already, maybe it's just me, but I remember reading this a couple days ago????

@Bodhetsva, don't worry, I think we'll survive, I'll hold the faith ;)

as for:

Square Enix has shown strong Nintendo support and it suggests here they will not develop any new titles for the ps3 until sales improve. This in my opinion is a big deal, and says alot about the importance of FFXIII, and the possibility of it getting ported.

FFXIII is like they are answering their own fears, this game will sale at least two or three PS3s, IMO =)

Around the Network

I agree with the other 4 about KH as well. I think a spinoff will be the PS3 (or PS360) incarnation, but the primary series will continue on the Wii to attempt to take advantage of it's image and mix of casual and hardcore demographics.  I also expect this due to the KH art style, which doesn't rely on high graphical output because it mixes Final Fantasy with Disney and comes to a middle ground that fits on the Wii quite well.

I have never played KH, hope it comes to the Wii so I can

fazz said:
I have never played KH, hope it comes to the Wii so I can

It's a plot heavy game, you really will probably want to play KH1 and KH2 first.  Who knows though, maybe SE will release a KH Wiimake that has both of these games.  That would be a good cheap way for them to try and draw in the audience.

Uma said:
WiiGirl76 said:
Eh ... but Square Enix is already developing for the PS3, so what in earth are they talking about??!! So does that mean they've stopped developing FFXIII? In that case.. drop it on the WII then :P Sorry couldn't stop myself of saying that.

Konami has developed Elebits and their next game releases in July, Dewy's Adventure. I have high expectations of that game, hopefully they won't let me down :P

It means they won't be starting any new project for the PS3, the ones that are already in development won't be cancelled or anything

Wrong. It only means there are no projects on PS3 coming this fiscal year. It doesn't mean that after FF XIII and Versus and Last Remnant they won't continue making games for the PS3.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Uma said:
WiiGirl76 said:

Wrong. It only means there are no projects on PS3 coming this fiscal year. It doesn't mean that after FF XIII and Versus and Last Remnant they won't continue making games for the PS3.

No, they explicitly say that unless sales of the PS3 improve - they will be making no more new titles for it.

So you'll get some PS3 SQE love next year (after March), but potentially very little else.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099