By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Loading comparison

Tispower said:
ssj12 said:
Cryoakira said:
ssj12 said:
ion-storm said:
More stuff to load means more loading times. Easy enough. 360 dvd drive is faster than ps3 blu-ray drive. So in short Wii fastest 360 second PS3 third Though with sony adding compression to the ps3 developer stuff (playstation edge) the 360 and ps3 may differ slightly. Not to mentionion ps3 loading off hdd etc. In short. Don't worry about it, none of them are overly fast.

wow your completely wrong. 1- Wii 2- PS3 3- 360.

Reason being is that most PS3 devs will be developing their games to install things to the HDD which will also fast as heck or even no load times. The 360 devs dont really have that ability do to the core being designed without an HDD which means the HDD isnt standard. The PS3 games whoch load the games onto the HDD makes thngs way faster, but even MotorStorm which doesnt install a single thing on the HDD loads faster then most 360 titles.

Lol, you don't play PC games, right ? Because even with full install, there is still loading times. Currently, only a few PS3 games can be installed (for around 4 Go) and it just halves the loading time.

Basically, loading on PS3 are clearly slower than on X360. No doubt about it.

sure i dont.. im only formally cal-p in ut04 but no im not a pc gamer... idiot.

if you have a computer properly speced for the game your trying to play then you wont have a problem. I have practically no load times. I'm running an QX6700 OCed to 5.2Ghz and Dual 8800Ultras. Load times for me are barely 4 seconds. Even starting Vista is a 10 second deal.

Wtf! How much did that system cost, especially with the cooling I'm guessing you had to buy to run your processor at that kinda speed!

However there you didn't say anything about your HD, because load times aren't really affected by the Processor and GPU, it's more down to the read rate and speed of the HD, and I'm guessing it's probably better than the PS3's 5200 rpm HD, so that's not really much of a comparison, as your system is totally different, and has greater specs than any game needs. It would be better to compare a PC similar to the PS3, and see how quickly a game loads on that, and the PS3, if you're even gonna compare consoles and PCs.

opps lol. Shockingly I only have 1 HDD, 15k RPG 147GB. I'm waiting on the $400 1TB HDDs to be released. 8GB of corsair brand ram (PC 100000). And I use flash freezing for my cooling. 2x Blu-Ray drive too.

Basically costing me over 5k to build.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Very good information, DongHungLong, thank you.
Also thank you to Alacrist for sharing the loading times of the Wii, please keep updating about it.

As I said before, and Game_boy has just stated, Nintendo seems to have the best loading times each generation due to various reasons. I dont ever remember a nintendo owner complaining from terrible loadings.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

I'll complain:

Load times for madden 2002 on GC sucked ass.

But they sucked ass on all ports.

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

Game_boy said:

I have very rarely if ever seen a screen that says "Loading..." during a Nintendo first-party game on an Nintendo console. When I try out PSP/PS3/Xbox etc. the first thing I notice is the ten-second load times for a small level.

I'm amazed people can stand waiting that long - I want to say "You know, Nintendo games don't have any significant load times"...

My view is that it's only a few seconds, and I've got better things to complain about, then again, perhaps it's just the insane ability of the British to be incredibly patient, I mean we inverted the queue right?

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

You made the eueuq?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Tispower said:
ssj12 said:
Cryoakira said:
ssj12 said:
ion-storm said:
More stuff to load means more loading times. Easy enough. 360 dvd drive is faster than ps3 blu-ray drive. So in short Wii fastest 360 second PS3 third Though with sony adding compression to the ps3 developer stuff (playstation edge) the 360 and ps3 may differ slightly. Not to mentionion ps3 loading off hdd etc. In short. Don't worry about it, none of them are overly fast.

Reason being is that most PS3 devs will be developing their games to install things to the HDD which will also fast as heck or even no load times. The 360 devs dont really have that ability do to the core being designed without an HDD which means the HDD isnt standard. The PS3 games whoch load the games onto the HDD makes thngs way faster, but even MotorStorm which doesnt install a single thing on the HDD loads faster then most 360 titles.

Lol, you don't play PC games, right ? Because even with full install, there is still loading times. Currently, only a few PS3 games can be installed (for around 4 Go) and it just halves the loading time.

if you have a computer properly speced for the game your trying to play then you wont have a problem. I have practically no load times. I'm running an QX6700 OCed to 5.2Ghz and Dual 8800Ultras. Load times for me are barely 4 seconds. Even starting Vista is a 10 second deal.

Wtf! How much did that system cost, especially with the cooling I'm guessing you had to buy to run your processor at that kinda speed!

However there you didn't say anything about your HD, because load times aren't really affected by the Processor and GPU, it's more down to the read rate and speed of the HD, and I'm guessing it's probably better than the PS3's 5200 rpm HD, so that's not really much of a comparison, as your system is totally different, and has greater specs than any game needs. It would be better to compare a PC similar to the PS3, and see how quickly a game loads on that, and the PS3, if you're even gonna compare consoles and PCs.

opps lol. Shockingly I only have 1 HDD, 15k RPG 147GB. I'm waiting on the $400 1TB HDDs to be released. 8GB of corsair brand ram (PC 100000). And I use flash freezing for my cooling. 2x Blu-Ray drive too.

You have to much money mate Our PC cost £1100, so only about $2200!

Fuzzmosis said:
You made the eueuq?

LOL! I meant "invented"

Oh no other loading times info? The Wii users seem to be the most responsive ones, what about the PS3 and X360 users?????

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Ok. Let me explain Load times here.
PS3 is the fastest, because of HDD pre-cache loading.
Then the Wii becuase it has 8bit style graphics on 75% of it's games.
Then the 360, because it has to load HD graphics off a DVD real-tme.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Tispower said:
ssj12 said:
Tispower said:
ssj12 said:
Cryoakira said:
ssj12 said:
ion-storm said:

You have to much money mate Our PC cost £1100, so only about $2200!

thats also why I bought the PS3 at launch. I know how to save my money to buy expensive things. This is why the PS3 really isnt selling due to people inability to understand how to save 20% of their paychecks in the bank. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453