By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazing new tech demo of Wii Motion Plus

god the guy doing the demo is boring as hell.

on the plus side wii motion plus looks great... i can already imagine a zelda game using this

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network

well that just got me excited.

i really want the new zelda to use this.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Looks good. I sort of thought the WM could already do this. Guess I will need to look into what it is actually capable of.

I wonder if Nintendo would consider replacing the existing WM with one that has the WM+ build it. It probably wouldn't cost that much more and it would guarantee widespread adoption of this technology this generation. However, the 45+ million console owners might be a bit annoyed that their controllers are out of date. Even with a

Yeah, I am guessing there are going to be around over 100 million wiimotes in people's homes when MotionPlus is released. If Nintendo wants it to be standard they better sell it for cheap. Well Nintendo be nice enough to not think about profiting off its consumers when they should have the tech incorporated from the get-go? I doubt it. But time will tell.

If they could sell it for about $5-8 at retail it could take off. That's mass market pricing.

Around the Network

It looks pretty goodand sounds promising. Wonder if it will effect PC gaming like...at all!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

i think it will be requred on more games than we think

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

I was gonna buy the wii again(returned first cause of disappointment) next year, I am glad it's not just cause of their first partys.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

wow lol, i honestly thought that my wiimote was already capable of all this. so right now the wiimote is an ir pointer with an accelerometer?

xbebop said:
If they could sell it for about $5-8 at retail it could take off. That's mass market pricing.

I think people underestimate how well this will sell at $15 to $19 ...

As a guess, I suspect that most of the 4 player "Mini/Party Game" collections will make the Wii MotionPlus optional, not use it at all, or use it in mini-games where people take turns playing. As a result, the vast majority of games that require the Wii MotionPlus will be single player or two player games. I think it is fair to assume that Wii Sports: Resort will (probably) sell for $60 with a single Wii MotionPlus accessory bundled (just like Wii Play) and adding an additional Wii MotionPlus for $15 to $20 brings the total to $75 to $80 which is less than Wii Fit or Guitar Hero (which are both amazingly popular).