By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFamous Eurogamer Preview

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=202456

Some highlights that show how stupid some journalists are:

As creative director Nate Fox has been explaining over the course of a 20-minute demo, InFamous is about what happens when an ordinary man becomes extraordinary. It's about what it feels like to possess unique and immense powers and about learning how to control them. It's about the what happens when a city descends into chaos, what takes priority when it's a question of morality versus survival, and what emerges when human nature is no longer bound by social constructs.

So you can imagine Nate Fox is a bit disappointed by the first question from a journalist at the end of his demo: "That looked really tame. Is the finished game going to be more violent?"

He's even a bit stunned. "Are you kidding me?" Fox replies. "He electrified a guy! He pulled lightning out of the sky!"

"Yeah," says the journalist, "But what about exploding heads and torn limbs and, you know, all that stuff that's cool for the kids these days?"

Fox manages not to sigh. "We are aiming at a teen rating. We're not going for as much gore as we can. Hopefully that will not get in the way of our objective, which is to make the player feel like a modern-day superhero." And besides, "You saw in our intro cut-scene we said 'sh**' twice. So that means we're edgy, right?", he adds with a smile.

A journalist pipes up. "Is he going to have any weapons in the finished game?"

There is a pause. Fox looks at the journalist incredulously and says, "The dude can shoot lightning out of his hands!"

Around the Network

wow,

was the guy a Microsoft plant?

that journalist sounds like gore hungry 14 years old, no offense to 14 year olds, i hate this mentality were every game must have heads and limbs flying around and the whole game has to be drenched in blood.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Cougarman said:
that journalist sounds like gore hungry 14 years old, no offense to 14 year olds, i hate this mentality were every game must have heads and limbs flying around and the whole game has to be drenched in blood.

14 year olds are not obsessed with blood and gore, they are obsessed with graphics

@ zexen lowe:

Damn the boca juniors is the best soccer team of the planet (for me at least)

about the thread, inFAMOUS was for me the best game of the E3, i can´t include GoW III because they only show a teaser, and for little big planet for me was the second best E3 game including all the 3 majors hardware companies (Sony, M$, and Nintendo).

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Cougarman said:

14 year olds are not obsessed with blood and gore, they are obsessed with graphics

i am too old to know what 14 year olds like

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

lol that was funny. Those questions are worthy of a face palm!

I've watched two video interviews of Nate Fox showing Infamous, one on G4 and one on Gamespot. In both, they asked whether there would be weapons and were surprised that there weren't. Also one of them asked Nate "what platforms the game is going to release on?" Hopefully, when we get closer to release, Sony markets the hell out of this game so that people actually "get" what the game is all about. Right now, the media is clueless.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

He should have shoot the journalist that would have satisfied me and the other journalists.

@jman8:

that journalist didn´t know that the game is exclusive of ps3?