By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - SPORE will be humongous - Spore Creature Creator sold 2.5 millions.

Wow, EA marketing is awful: I had no idea there was a more full-featured version of it in the wild.

Around the Network

its free online, so 2.5m isnt that amazing, but the game should sell very well when its released

Its not free! 10$ or 10 euros, if they can sell 2.5M of basically a fancy dress up game, i cant even begin to imagine how well the full game will sell (2.5 SOLD and lots more downloaded for free which only have 25% of the available parts, like that, 2.5 is A LOT, considering you can have something for free), also, quoting wikipedia:
"During Electronic Arts' E3 2008 presentation on July 14, 2008, Wright humorously noted that fans had done God's work at 38% efficiency by creating the same number of currently known species on Earth, 1,589,000, in about 18 days, compared to God's 7 days"

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

These 2.5 millions have to include the free trial downloads, because if they hadn't, there would be, say, 5 million trial downloads at the very least. That would amount to 7.5 million total Creature Creators, but the amount of creatures uploaded doesn't match. If there are between 2 and 3 million creatures uploaded, it's fair to expect 1 creature per person on average, given that a lot of people won't upload, and some will upload a lot (for example, I shared 9 creatures, and I did that in the first 2 days, and never booted the CC again)-

zexen_lowe said:

These 2.5 millions have to include the free trial downloads, because if they hadn't, there would be, say, 5 million trial downloads at the very least. That would amount to 7.5 million total Creature Creators, but the amount of creatures uploaded doesn't match. If there are between 2 and 3 million creatures uploaded, it's fair to expect 1 creature per person on average, given that a lot of people won't upload, and some will upload a lot (for example, I shared 9 creatures, and I did that in the first 2 days, and never booted the CC again)-

Not everybody is going to upload their creatures though.  The first couple of days the thing was out and there were about 800,000 creatures uploaded.  It has dropped of fairly steeply.  This game is gonna be fun though.

Around the Network

Someone doubted Spore was going to sell well?

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

NIce way to start advertising the game to its eventual release...... The game will probably retain 40% of those who tried the demo. Now at 2.5 million, forty percent is 1 million guaranteed sales on its first few weeks.....

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

BrainBoxLtd said:
Kasz216 said:
link? Makes you wonder how many creatures are uploaded

From EA's Q1 report.

Doesn't mention if that's download/retail and if it includes/doesn't include the freebie version. And 2 million creatures uploaded in six weeks.

The fact that it's on EA's Q1 report tells you that it is sold numbers of the full version, and does not include the free version.

shio said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
Kasz216 said:
link? Makes you wonder how many creatures are uploaded

From EA's Q1 report.

Doesn't mention if that's download/retail and if it includes/doesn't include the freebie version. And 2 million creatures uploaded in six weeks.

The fact that it's on EA's Q1 report tells you that it is sold numbers of the full version, and does not include the free version.

The company also noted that the Spore Creature Creator has been picked up by 2.5 million users, and more than two million creatures have been uploaded into Sporepedia in six weeks.

Doesn't say sold to, and doesn't mention revenue. Even though they use the word sold for Battlefield in the same report. Could be careful corporate wording to include the freebie version, or simply less clear choice of words from whoever wrote the report.

Not sure what exactly you're trying to prove with this thread. Fairly certain everyone was already convinced Spore is going to be a market success.

The company also noted that the Spore Creature Creator has been picked up by 2.5 million users,

so these are most likely downloads of the free version and sales combined. Would be pretty idiotic otherwise anyway. (Who pays 10 bucks for something that is included in the finished game?)

Still very impressive.