By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert!!! - PS3 'very exotic and tough to develop for'

docholliday said:
Honestly every topic i've seen this guy make has been sometype of stab at sony, I think he spends more time on sony forums making these type of posts than he does on MS lol.

Its not my fault... How else am I suppose to gain more nerd cred (VG$)??

Every time something good happens on the PS3 you guys beat me to it and post it. But for some reason any negative news that involves the PS3 is ignored..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

who cares.....thats not stopping me from getting a PS3

I am waiting to see someone put a picture up of the ps3 in a bikini on a tropical beach....

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Lay off gebx, sure, it is a pretty anti-Sony article but he didn't write it, he only posted it. Get mad at the person that wrote the article, discuss why it's right or wrong, and just be calm about things. In the end, if you don't like it just don't read it.

Also, believe me, for every anti-Sony person there is an anti-other console person.

This news goes to show that those who have a decent handle on PS3 development have been able to develop visually higher quality games (such as the recent Soul Calibur IV) than it's multi-platform counterpart. And being and "exotic" system to develop for implies the potential of the console itself for the long run. Maybe the "10 year" lifespan of the PS3 might have more validity.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Lay off gebx, sure, it is a pretty anti-Sony article but he didn't write it, he only posted it. Get mad at the person that wrote the article, discuss why it's right or wrong, and just be calm about things. In the end, if you don't like it just don't read it.

Also, believe me, for every anti-Sony person there is an anti-other console person.

Sorry but if something against the 360 was posted in the MS forum by a known sony fan (the exact opposite of whats happened here) there would be warnings and/or bans.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

hopefully they dont pull that wit the rumored port of left 4 dead that EA might do.

gebx said:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/28-07-2008-8928.html

EA has explained why there are currently no plans to release a PS3 version of hotly anticipated PC and Xbox 360 RTS Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, saying Sony's console is "very exotic and tough to develop for".

He said: "We actually announced a PS3 version early on but that was when we were still doing a lot of technical exploration of the architecture. PS3 is a very powerful system but as you guys know it's very exotic and tough to develop for and our engine really at the time wasn't designed for PS3."

However, there is still hope for PS3-owning Red Alert fans. Ajami told us that EALA "might go back and do something with the PS3 later on".

That's all we needed to see.  This is, by and large, changing as time goes by, with EA and Ubi usually making PS3 the lead dev platform nowadays.  If they don't, whatever.  I usually stick to exclusives anyway, because they are usually better games.

@ twesterm )

how are we supposed to judge whether or not we like it without reading it?

docholliday said:
Honestly every topic i've seen this guy make has been sometype of stab at sony, I think he spends more time on sony forums making these type of posts than he does on MS lol.

And you've been here for 42 posts so you have the right to make claims like these...give me a break.