By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A man on his 12th Xbox 360 o_O

Obviously this is a very extreme example. I doubt there are many others in the world with 12 returns, but it certainly shows that there is a serious issue here that needs to be fixed.

Around the Network
URNotE said:
my ps2 crashed on me twice...

My PS2 once but it was not really crashing he did not read very well the games anymore but I bought a new one after 6 years.

This guy his console died 11 times in one year a half. 

That is really to much. 

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
Cool...Who would still be an X360 fanboy after 11 rings of deaths?

Well he doesn't seem to be a fanboy at all is what's interesting.  He owns a PS3, 360, DS, and PSP.  He's obviously fairly diversified in his gaming experiences.  Must be a real easy going guy.  I'm not that forgiving myself.  If I had 11 returns you can bet that system would be on eBay.

Hmm I just wanted to say he is a HUGE FAN of X360 then.
I mean if you are not a big fan of the a console you surely don't buy 11 new ones/ or repair it 11 times.

He must be a fan of the games...

konnichiwa said:
URNotE said:
my ps2 crashed on me twice...

My PS2 once but it was not really crashing he did not read very well the games anymore but I bought a new one after 6 years.

This guy his console died 11 times in one year a half. 

That is really to much. 

yea thats what happened with mine... the disc read error... so i traded my broken ones in and got a new ones..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

It was a great idea to record that call with MS customer service and to get 1up to ring them and confirm that what he said was true. That Justin is a smart guy.

Surely Microsoft will fix these problems soon, they can't keep insisting that there isn't a problem with the 360 when clearly there is. Or have they been lying for too long to admit the truth now? I hope this fiasco doesn't go on too much longer.

This incident is probably a bit extreme.  But from what I've heard, the level of MS's quality assurance of this product is simply beyond my imagination. 

It's hard to believe that American consumers are, on the whole, relatively quiet about this.  I believe US consumers are more accustomed to product failures and to the practice of returning purchases to stores/manufactorers than Japanese are. 

Anyway I suppose Nintendo and Sony do not have to worry too much about XBOX hegemony in Japan. 

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

That's ridiculous

Pedro said:
It was a great idea to record that call with MS customer service and to get 1up to ring them and confirm that what he said was true. That Justin is a smart guy.

Surely Microsoft will fix these problems soon, they can't keep insisting that there isn't a problem with the 360 when clearly there is. Or have they been lying for too long to admit the truth now? I hope this fiasco doesn't go on too much longer.

Honestly, I think they have denied it so long that it's too late for them to admit the issue.  That doesn't mean they aren't trying to fix it though.  I think the smaller chips are more than just a cost saving meassure.  They are hoping that it will fix the failure rates.

Besides, the vast majority of people love the box.

naznatips said:
Pedro said:

Honestly, I think they have denied it so long that it's too late for them to admit the issue. That doesn't mean they aren't trying to fix it though. I think the smaller chips are more than just a cost saving meassure. They are hoping that it will fix the failure rates.

Besides, the vast majority of people love the box.

I suppose it doesn't really matter if they still deny these problems as long as they actually get them all sorted out. I just want a 360 as it's the only console that me or my flatmates don't have, but I'm reluctant to buy a shoddy machine.