By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - hey is the Sony Bravia 26S4000 a good tv?

My parents just bought it for me, but i cant have it till christmas, its part of the S series... is that good? is this a good tv?

thanx for your opinions

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

Yeah it's a good tv. But the one you got is only 26 inches. So i hope you have good vision.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

26 inches way too small. 32 inches is minimum size recommended for gaming. Bigger is better regarding HDTV's. 50 inches is what I call ideal.

Sony is top dog IMO in LCD's. Trust me, I live in Japan and am always in denki stores checking out masses of TV's that are all running side by side together with the same set ups and Sony just seems like they are ahead. Panasonic is very good too, Toshiba and Sharp also, [not a huge fan of sharp though].

The above comments are kinder right, though, smaller screens always seem to look crisper and nicer as the bigger ones do stretch out the picture more.

I have a 26 Bravia now, but that's only because I live in a shoe box Japanese appartment! If I had the space I would have gotten the 40.

But, yeh, 32 will be much better. This way u can enjoy movies too. 50 though IMO, is way too big for gaming, [great for films] as you can see every single fault! But hay, what do u Americans say... BIGGER is better?

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Basically it's a TV with very good specs (Bravia Engine2, complete connectivity, an intgrated SD digital tuner, 24p True Cinema, HD Photo TV, etc.)

The only downside is the lack of the Live Colour Creation engine which will result in very basic live video processing. In other words, when you will be watching TV, the image will be of good quality but not as sharp as it could be with high-end models. This will however only affect live TV. HD, Blu-ray and still images quality will remain top notch.

Around the Network

lol thanx guys, this tv is just for my bedroom though and 32 inch would be to big, so i think 26 inch is a good size

@ rock on
50 inches!! man are you crazy, that would seriously be waaaay to big for my room man

I wouldn't be worried about the size but what a waste of 6 months warranty whilst it sits there doing nothing!!

Tell them Bravia TVs are well known for breaking down when they are sitting doing nothing for months on end, and see if you can get it early :P

llewdebkram said:

I wouldn't be worried about the size but what a waste of 6 months warranty whilst it sits there doing nothing!!

Tell them Bravia TVs are well known for breaking down when they are sitting doing nothing for months on end, and see if you can get it early :P

hahah lol man...

na as much as i want it now, i would sortof rather get it 4 christmas

dno y but when its that time of year everything seems... better

its a great bedroom sized tv....

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX