By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Dark Knight "influence" from Metal Gear Solid is shameful

....Is this bannable? Please, some mod with an itchy trigger finger save us all. This is stupidity on the grandest scale. It's not even close to being logical, or sane.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

DTG you really are the creator of the best threads.

What next?

'Spiderman 2 was a rip off of The Little Mermaid! Doctor Octopus is BLATANTLY a copy of Ursula!'

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

You fail. Hard.

Hm nothing unusual.

Um...

TDK was an awsome movie.
The only people I have heard say anything negative are people who think people who love it only like it because of the circumstance about Heath Ledger and such... it is almost like they dont want to like it so they cant be accused of liking it because a dead guy gave and incredible preformance. its really weird.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

ZOMG, Batman had a raspy voice! He must be copying Snake!
You need help.

Around the Network

Haha...

yeah... if anyone ripped off anyone it was your boy Kojima... pretty funny though. Batman's voice has always been either A) Raspy or B) Adam West. See "Batman: TAS" I'd actually be shocked if the people who made the movie were even aware of MGS. Check the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW48WFfbZZI&feature=related

I was gonna make this long post about the history of batman, and how these topics have been discussed for a long time (not just with batman), before Kojima was even born, but everybody beat me to it.

Next time DTG think a little bit and do a little research before posting your thoughts for a lot of people to see.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

So if the Dark Knight influences in MGS 4 are disgraceful, then how disgraceful are the Escape From New York references in MGS as a series? The whole character's image, name, Naked Snake's eyepatch, the raspy voice are all taken from Kurt Russel's character Snake Plissken. How disgraceful! In fact Kojima himself must be disgraceful because he admits how influenced he is by motion pictures in his games. Wasn't Snatcher just a big Blade Runner ripoff and Policenauts was Lethal Weapon in space?

It's a good thing you ran from this topic quickly so you don't have to answer many replies that show the innacuracies in your arguments.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

actually batman begins and the dark knight were heavily influenced by batman the animated series.

What's truly shameful is I actually read that crap you typed. I feel dirty.