By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Dark Knight "influence" from Metal Gear Solid is shameful

Holy Shit. No words.
Too...many...jokes...
Did someone just compare The Godfather to Serenity? This is the greatest thread ever and it must go on!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

Nolan is still pretty young, so I cut him a lot of slack. I love Memento and I love the Prestige. And the Batman movies are probably the best or second best comic book movies out there.

And look at it this way, now that he has done the big budget stuff, he will be even more established as a director and will have that much more power to do what he wants. That can really be useful for a director with a tendency towards the artsy.

Edit:

And to anyone who says that Nolan didn't do something phenomenal in reviving the Batman franchise, have you seen Batman and Robin?  Have you experienced the pain, suffering, and the utter bowels of existential anguish that is sitting through that movie?  When you saw that movie, did you ever think Hollywood could untarnish the Batman name again?  I sure as hell didn't.  And Nolan has made the franchise bigger than it ever was.  That in itself is merit for some kind of award.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Wow... I stayed away from this thread initially because I saw DTG was the OP, but in a quiet time I thought perhaps i'd have a laugh.

This thread is both the worst, and best I have seen in a long time.

RolStoppable said:
So let me get this straight: The Dark Knight is a Batman movie?

get out of that cellar man. and brings those kids with you.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Does The Dark knight have female looking robots in it? Didn't think so. Does MGS4 have the joker, the best super hero movie villain ever in it? nope.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

We necro'd this again? Why?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

How come no one comments on how MGS influenced Terminator, Evil Dead, Naruto , Quentin Tarantino, etc? How lang can people live in denial, before someone like DTG shatters there make believe beliefs(???)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Metal Gear Solid influenced Thomas Edison.

BringBackChrono said:
How come no one comments on how MGS influenced Terminator, Evil Dead, Naruto , Quentin Tarantino, etc? How lang can people live in denial, before someone like DTG shatters there make believe beliefs(???)

You didn't hear? MGS4 influenced Citizen Kane too!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

^ I think its more like MGS4 is everything that Citizen Kane aspires to be. Its the pinnacle of story-telling in any media for any period in time. Shakespeare wouldve been proud of a story like this, but alas, he had but little talent.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach