By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE REALEST SHIT U EVER HEARD ABOUT PS3 AND 360!!!

Magera said:
||DeOn|| said:
colonelstubbs said:
||DeOn|| said:

the fuck does "TLDR" mean??!??

Are you confused by somebody elses use of language? Do you understand how we feel attempting to sift through your first post?

I can understand if your a GANGSTA but on the internet, basic english is more welcomed than....whatever language you were using

my bad lol

thanks 4 being straight up wit me(that means honest)...and dont act like u didnt know what i said lol

Hmm.  Well, I have to take one step back and say at last we have a newbie who can take critisism/mocking/what not.  Glad to have you on the site.

And yes, to a degree the 360 has stolen sales of the PS3, but at the moment, Wii seems to be stealing more then the 360 does.

thanks

how is the wii stealing more??

im curious lol

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
lol ... this was pretty damn pointless if you ask me ...

ur life is pretty pointless if u ask me..hahahahaha naw im plain j/p

well thanks 4 commenting on this pointless post

Well what I mean is that the majority of the PS2 install base was Casual, Most casuals are upgrading now to a Wii (cheaper and more casual gaming in general).

The GC sold 21.5 Million Total - The Wii is about to pass 30 million with no look at slowing down soon, thusly meaning more gamers are purchasing a nintendo platform this gen then they did last gen.

Many who were casual PS2 owners are going Wii, while hardcore are mixed between 360/ps3.

Yes, MS is buying up exclusives which is stealing the draw towards the PS3, but that is only drawing Hardcore gamers. Everyone knows the majority of sales actually come from the casual market.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

||DeOn|| said:

I WANT 2 STAND OUT

since u know alot..teach what u know =P

Trust me, you don't want to stand out like that.  On this website your ability to clearly articulate your position and make your point is the most important skill you can have. Speaking like this will only hinder you for the simple reason that other people won't understand what you're saying. If you want to be taken seriously you need to at least tone it back to something that people can easily understand.  I don't like to tell someone how to talk so don't take this as a mandate by any means, just consider it the best piece of advise you will ever get on the internet.

As for explanations, there far too many topics to cover in one thread.  If you want to make a topic about some of the stuff you were discussing with your friends I'm sure there are plenty of people who would gladly talk about it myself included.  Topics like KH3 and its likely launch platform(s), the effectiveness of exclusives as system sellers, the issue of purchasing exclusives and exclusive DLC, etc... would all likely be easy discussions to get going.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Welcome to VGC

My thoughts on your post: Be a fan, not a fanboy. Every console has pro's and con's.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
||DeOn|| said:
kowenicki said:

looks like a thread about a fanboy posted by a fanboy to me.

enditall727 | July 23, 2008
yea thats because ur company keeps buying our shit

says it all really...

ur right it lol..it did make me sound like a fanboy..well im not

im a fan but im not a fanboy..u feel me

if you arent a fanboy then im from the bronx... ya dig bro?

u say that like i know u or sumshit(somethin)..how am i supposed 2 know where the fuck u from..well..r u from the bronx? lol....im not a fanboy!!!....u prolly dont even know what a fanboy is...i bet u gon be like "u" ..imma post on what a fanboy is..iight?!!

Seriously, use proper English. Reading your crazy gangsta/txt is actually just painful.

Also I'd stick around and read a bit more of the stuff that goes on on these boards, I only read about half the OP but it seems clear that you guys don't really have a great understanding of how the games industry and the companies in it work. If you spend a couple of months hanging around here you pick a lot of the stuff up.

Oh and your title is hilarious.

Sqrl said:

||DeOn|| said:

I WANT 2 STAND OUT

since u know alot..teach what u know =P

Trust me, you don't want to stand out like that.  On this website your ability to clearly articulate your position and make your point is the most important skill you can have. Speaking like this will only hinder you for the simple reason that other people won't understand what you're saying. If you want to be taken seriously you need to at least tone it back to something that people can easily understand.  I don't like to tell someone how to talk so don't take this as a mandate by any means, just consider it the best piece of advise you will ever get on the internet.

As for explanations, there far too many topics to cover in one thread.  If you want to make a topic about some of the stuff you were discussing with your friends I'm sure there are plenty of people who would gladly talk about it myself included.  Topics like KH3 and its likely launch platform(s), the effectiveness of exclusives as system sellers, the issue of purchasing exclusives and exclusive DLC, etc... would all likely be easy discussions to get going.

ok tell me exactly what was so hard 2 read..tell me..im waiting......i already know that shit

heres sumthin 4 u

(all the fanboy shit aside)if the 360 stayed loyal and didnt buy ps3 exclusives then the ps3 would have dreamcasted the 360(if u know what i mean)right or wrong?!?

||DeOn|| said:
Andir said:

Does anyone have an English translation? I honestly tried 2 read dis.

sorry u couldnt read it =P

try again its not that hard..and dont try 2 act like ur english is perfect

i bet if i was talking 2 u in person u would know exactly what i was sayin

Sure, I would bet that I could understand you in person as well, but we aren't in person.  By using "2" instead of "to" or "too", you only cloud the conversation in written text.  Without the context of the rest of the sentence, there is no way to determine is that "2" means "as well" or as an adverb or preposition.  It makes the text hard to read and follow.  One of my friends is learning Japanese.  They have implied subjects in speach.  It it were in English, someone would come up to you and say "well?" or "fine?" and you would reply "well" or "fine."  Sure, English is a bit more verbose in that you would say "How are you?" and they would reply "'I'm doing fine" but to the casual observer, they know precisely who you are referring to.  They also have something like 140 different symbols that mean happy.  How would you feel as a person trying to learn or read that?  What you are doing here is right along those lines.  Making synonyms for words where they simply aren't needed.

I'm not trying to act like my English is perfect, but to the casual passerby it's at least understandable without moderate translation.

If you continue to post in this manner it would be just like someone using cockney slang for every one of their posts.  Somehow it makes sense and if you heard them say it you might start to understand, but it's a totally fucked up branch of English that frankly doesn't need to exist.  I'm all for the evolution of language, but an outright rewrite is just wrong.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

king_of_the_castle said:
Welcome to VGC

My thoughts on your post: Be a fan, not a fanboy. Every console has pro's and con's.

tell me exactly what i said that was fanboyish!!